JUSTIFICATION OF THE METHOD OF DRYING WALNUTS
Tsurkan Oleh – D.Eng.Sc., professor of the Department of technological processes and equipment of processing and food industries of Faculty of Engineering and Technology of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University, director of Separated structural unit «Ladyzhyn Professional College of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University» (5, P. Kravchyka St., Ladyzhyn, Vinnytsia region, 24321
Spirin Anatoly - candidate of technical sciences, associate professor, teacher of Separate structural subdivision «Ladyzhyn vocational college of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University» (Kravchik Petro St., 5, Ladyzhyn, Vinnytsia Region, Ukraine, 24321, e-mail: email@example.com.
Tverdokhlib Igor – candidate of technical sciences, associate professor of the department of general technical disciplines and occupational safety, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University: Vinniytsia, st. Sonyachna 3, VNAU, 21008, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Didyk Andrii – postgraduate student of the Department of Technological Processes and Equipment of Processing and Food Production of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (3 Sunny Street, Vinnytsia, 21008, Ukraine, +380972830537, email@example.com, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0524-0017).
A necessary condition for obtaining a high-quality walnut is its timely drying with bringing it to the standard humidity while maintaining the required quality of the product. Currently, Ukraine does not have a sufficient number of highly efficient lines for the industrial processing of walnuts. The main problem is precisely the lack of high-performance, energy-efficient drying equipment. In practice, dryers of various designs are used for industrial drying of walnuts. The choice of drying equipment depends on a number of factors, such as the volume of products, meteorological conditions during harvesting, availability of energy resources, etc. In most cases, two types of dryers are used for drying walnuts - convective and radiation. Convective dryers have a significant advantage in terms of the possibility of intensifying the drying process. One of the possible ways of intensifying the process is the use of vibration to reduce the aerodynamic resistance of the material layer, which has a positive effect on the energy indicators of the process, and to increase the uniformity of the moisture content of the drying material. The authors proposed a design scheme of a convective-vibration dryer that will organically combine the advantages of the convective drying method with the possibility of intensification of the process through the vibration effect on the material layer. The design of the drying unit allows you to easily control the main mode parameters of its operation: the flow rate and temperature of the drying agent, as well as the parameters of the vibration effect - the frequency and amplitude of the oscillation of the drying container. This is very important for the practical implementation of the nut drying process. After all, the rational selection of these parameters will allow the process of drying walnuts to be implemented with maximum efficiency.
The practical implementation of the process of drying walnuts in the shell on this dryer will confirm the innovative approaches included in its design.
1. The benefits of nuts [Electronic resource].- Access mode: http://delikatto.com.ua/korust-horihiv (access date 04/25/2023)
2. Rutkevich V., Didyk A. Review of methods and means for drying walnut in shell. Bulletin of the Khmelnytskyi National University Series: Technical Sciences. 2023. No. 1 (317). P. 230-236.
3. DSTU 8900:2019 Hair nuts. Technical conditions [Electronic resource].- Access mode: http://online.budstandart.com.ua/catalog/doc (access date 04/26/2023)
4. Industrial nut processing line with built-in aspiration (100 kg/h) [Electronic resource].- Access mode: http://dommotoblok.com.ua/ua/p1726478079 (access date 04/24/2023)
5. How to dry walnuts at home [Electronic resource].- Access mode: http://barra.com,ua/?p=37426 (access date 04/27/2023)
6. Dryer for nuts and hazelnuts (up to 1.5 t/day) [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://prom.ua/p1713098964 (access date 04/28/2023)
7. Multi-level drying plant [Electronic resource].- Access mode: http://obsttechnik.com/sushka-gretskogo-oreha (access date 04/28/2023)
8. V.V. Tychkov, V.Ya. Galchenko, R.V. Trembovetska, Z.V. Bondarchuk Automation of production processes. Diffusion processes (drying equipment): Educational and methodological manual.- Cherkasy. ChDTU, 2018. - 179 p.
9. Polevoda Yu.A., Tverdokhlib I.V. Determination of physical and mechanical parameters of walnut shell. Vibrations in engineering and technology 2019. No. 2(93). P.12-17.
10. Pazyuk O.D., Palamarchuk I.P., Pazyuk V.M. Optimization of the grain drying process. Problems and solutions. Collection of scientific works of the Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Technical sciences. No. 9 of 2011, pp. 164-172.
11. Tsurkan O.V. Analysis of vibrating technical means for drying pumpkin seeds. Vibrations in engineering and technology. 2021. No. 4(103). P.5-14.
12. Designs of dryers. URL: http://www.studopedia.info/1-114389.html (access date: 05/25/2023).
13. Utility model patent. Vibrating dryer for dispersed materials. No. 566107. Publication of information on 07/25/87. Bul. No. 27.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technologies" is included in the list of technical scientific publications of Ukraine
(Category "B", Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated July 2, 2020 No. 886)
Old version of the site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technology" is indexed by the following databases and catalogs:
The certificateof massmedia State registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.