INCREASING THE EFFICIENCY OF SURFACE STRENGTHENING OF METAL PRODUCTS BY COMBINED THERMODEFORMATION PROCESSING
Danyleiko Oleksandr – PhD student at the Department of Laser Engineering and Physical Engineering Technologies, National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" (37 Peremohy Ave., Kyiv, 03056, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dzhemelinskyi Vitaliy – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Professor, Professor at the Department of Laser Engineering and Physical-Technical Systems, National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" (37 Peremohy Ave., Kyiv,03056, e-mail: Vitaly.Dzhemelinsky@gmail.com)
Lesyk Dmytro – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Laser Engineering and Physical-Technical Systems, National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" (37 Peremohy Ave., Kyiv,03056, e-mail: email@example.com )
Bernatskyi Artemii – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Researcher at the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (11 Bozhenko St., Kyiv, 03680, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The article discusses the prospects of using combined thermal deformation surface processing to improve the performance properties of metal products. There is a new method of thermal deformation surface hardening (shot peening (SP) followed by laser heat treatment (LHT)) for tools and crown housings operating under difficult conditions proposed. For carrying out experimental studies, flat samples of 30KhGSA steel and steel 45 were selected. Preliminary hardening and finishing with static or dynamic methods of surface plastic deformation were carried out on a modernized installation based on a DYNAMITE 2800 numerical control machine, and SP was implemented on industrial equipment. Laser surface hardening of the samples was carried out in single passes with a sample moving speed of 300...500 mm/min with a laser beam diameter of 7.3 mm and a laser power of 1 kW using the ROFIN-SINAR DY 044 technological unit. The optimal regimes of surface hardening are determined under the deformation action of a gas-dynamic flow with solid particles and thermal action by a laser beam to obtain maximum values of hardening depth and hardness. In particular, with SP, the gas-feed stream feed pressure is 0.5 MPa, the processing time is 1 min, regardless of the type of material. The optimal laser beam power is 1 kW at a sample travel speed of 300 mm/min. There are the results of experimental studies of the change in the hardening depth as a function of time and pressure after SP, the speed of movement of the treated sample from carbon steel 45 and medium alloyed steel 30KhGSA after LHT and combined SP+LHT, and also the distribution of microhardness over the depth of the hardened layer presented. It is revealed that the combined SP+LHT of 30 KhGSA steel at optimal modes forms 1.5 times (1.3 mm) greater depth of the strengthened surface layer in comparison with LHT, while providing the surface layer hardness of ~5400 MPa.
1. Krivtsun, I.V. (2009). Gibridnye lazerno-plazmennye protsessy svarki i obrabotki materialov [Hybrid laser-plasma welding and material processing processes]. Mykolajiv: Gheljvetyka [in Russian].
2. Lesyk, D.A., Martinez, S., Dzhemelinskyi, V.V., Lamikiz, A., Mordyuk, B.N., Prokopenko, G.I. (2015). Surface microrelief and hardness of laser hardened and ultrasonically peened AISI D2 tool steel. Netherlands: Elsevier Science Publishing Company. (Vol. 278), (pp. 108-120).
3. Gholovko, L.F. (2009). Lazerni tekhnologhiji ta komp'juterne modeljuvannja [Laser technologies and computer simulation]. L.F. Gholovko, S.O. Luk'janenko (Ed.). Kyjiv: Vistka [in Ukrainian].
4. Khlynyn, P.P. (2003). Sovershenstvovanye konstruktyvno rezhymnykh parametrov drobylky molotkovoho typa [Improving the structurally operational parameters of the hammer type crusher]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Orenburh [in Russian].
5. Lesyk, D.A., Martinez, S., Dzhemelinskyi, V.V., Dаnylеikо, O.O., Mordyuk, B.N. (2018). Combined laser-ultrasonic surface hardening process for improving the properties of metallic products. Advances in Design, Simulation and Manufacturing: Proceedings of the International Conference on Design, Simulation, Manufacturing: The Innovation Exchange, DSMIE-2018. (рр. 97‑107). Sumy: Springer, Cham.
6. Morisada, J., Fujii, H., Mizuno, T., Abe, G., Nagaoka, T., Fukusumi M. (2009). Nanostructured tool steel fabricated by combination of laser melting and friction stir processing. Materials Science and Engineering: A. (Vol. 505), (рр. 157‑162).
7. Lesyk, D.A., Dzhemelinskyi, V.V., Martinez, S., Lamikiz, A., Dаnylеikо, О.О., Hyzhevskyi, V.V. (2017). Laser transformation hardening effect on hardening zone features and surface hardness of tool steel AISI D2 / Mechanics and Advanced Technologies, 1 (79), 26‑33.
8. Barchukov, D.A. (2013). Obosnovanye vybora materyala korpusa y rezhushchei chasty ynstrumenta pry eho yzghotovlenyy s pomoshchiu naplavky y poverkhnostnoho plastycheskoho deformyrovanyia [The rationale for the selection of the material of the body and the cutting part of the tool during its manufacture using surfacing and surface plastic deformation]. Mekhanyka y fyzyka protsessov na poverkhnosty y v kontakte tverdykh tel, detalei tekhnolohycheskoho y enerhetycheskoho oborudovanyia - Mechanics and physics of processes on the surface and in contact of solids, parts of technological and power equipment. V.V. Yzmailova (Ed.). Tver: TvNTU, 6, 134 139 [in Russian].
9. Tretiak, A.A. (2016). Tekhnolohyia uprochnenyia burovykh koronok [Technology for hardening drill bits]. Hornyi ynformatsyonno-analytycheskyi biulleten – Mountain News and Analysis Bulletin, 16, 121 130 [in Russian].
10. Kostromyn, S.V., & Shatykov, Y.R. (2013). Vlyianye skorosty lazernoi zakalky na strukturu y svoistva staly 30KhHSA [The effect of laser hardening speed on the structure and properties of steel 30HGSA]. SWorld. Retrieved from: https://www.sworld.com.ua/index.php/ru/technical-sciences-313/metals-and-energy-313/19464-313-0715 [in Ukrainian].
11. Danyleiko, O.O., Dzhemelinskyi, V.V., Lesyk, D.A. (2018). Polipshennia yakosti poverkhnevoho sharu stali 30KhHSA kombinovanoiu lazerno-deformatsiinoiu obrobkoiu [Improvement of the quality of the surface layer of steel 30ХГСА with the combined laser-deformation processing]. VII Mizhnarodna naukovo-tekhnichna konferencija «Proghresyvni tekhnologhiji v mashynobuduvanni» – VII International scientific-technical conference «Progressive technologies in mechanical engineering», (pp. 41-44). Lviv: LPNU [in Ukrainian].
12. Dzhemelinskyi, V.V., Lesyk, D.A., Goncharuk, O.O., Dаnylеikо, О.О. (2018). Surface hardening and finishing of metallic products by hybrid laser-ultrasonic treatment. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 12 (91), (Vol. 1), 35‑42.
13. Dzhemelinskyi, V.V., Lesyk, D.A. (2013). Vyznachennia optymalnykh parametriv lazerno-ultrazvukovoho zmitsnennia ta ozdobliuvannia poverkhon vyrobiv [Determination of optimal parameters of laser-ultrasonic hardening and surface decoration of products]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu Ukrainy «Kyivskyi politekhnichnyi instytut». Ser. Mashynobuduvannia - Bulletin of the National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute". Avg. Engineering, 2 (68), 15-18[in Ukrainian].
14. Lesyk, D.A., Dzhemelinskyi, V.V., Mordiuk, B.M., Prokopenko, H.I., Danyleiko, O.O. (2017). Vyznachennia optymalnykh rezhymiv kombinovanoho lazerno-ultrazvukovoho zmitsnennia instrumentalnoi stali Kh12MF [Determination of optimal modes of combined laser-ultrasonic hardening of X12MF tool steel]. Visnyk NTU «KhPI». Ser. Novi rishennia v suchasnykh tekhnolohiiakh – Bulletin of NTU "KPI". Avg. New solutions in modern technologies, 23 (1245), 27-35[in Ukrainian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kaletnik Hryhorii Mykolaiovych
Ph.D., Prof., academician of NAAS, VNAU (Vinnytsia)
Chief Editor Deputy
DsCProf., NSC IMEG NAAS of Ukraine (Kyiv)
Ph.D., Assoc., VNAU (Vinnytsia)
Members of the editorial board
Bulgakov V.M.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Acad.NAAS, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
Veselovskaya N.R.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Derevenko A.I.- Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Zinkovsky A.P.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, the Institute of Strength Problems named after H.S.Pysarenko, NAS of Ukraine
Iskovych-Lototskyi R.D.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Vinnytsia National Technical University
Kupchuk I.M.- Ph.D, Senior Lecturer, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Nadutyi V.P. - Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Geotechnical Mechanics Institute named after PolyakovM.S. NAS of Ukraine
Matveyeyv V.V. - Ph.D., Professor, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the Institute of Strength Problems named after H.S.PysarenkoNAS of Ukraine
Olshanskyi V.P. - Ph.D, Professor, Kharkiv National Technical University of Agriculture named after Petro Vasylenko
PoleyvodaYu.A. - Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Spirin A.V.- Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Tverdohlib I.V. - Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Tokarchuk O.A.- Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Tsurkan O.V.- Ph.D. Associate Professor., Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Jordan Todorov Maksimov - Doctor of Technical Sciences, Prof., Gabrovo Technical University (Bulgaria)
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, Russian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.