RESEARCH OF THE THERMAL CYCLE ON THE SURFACE OF THE BILLET AS A CONSEQUENCE OF PLASTIC DEFORMATION DURING MECHANICAL PROCESSING
Paladiychuk Yuriy – Candidate of Science (Engineering), Associate Professor of the Department of Agroengineering and Technical Service of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University (3 Soniachna St., Vinnitsa, 21008, Ukraine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Telyatnіk Inna – postgraduate of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (3, Solnychna st., Vinnytsia, 21008, Ukraine, e-mail: email@example.com).
While the metallurgical characteristics of machined surfaces are constantly improving, there is still a lack of understanding regarding the thermal conditions in which these surfaces are in the process of interaction between the workpiece and the side surface. During machining of high-carbon alloys, very little is known about temperature changes in the internal volume of the machined part, where the workpiece material interacts with the cutting edge of the tool.
In this work, the characteristics of the thermal field and the resulting surface metallurgy induced in high carbon alloys for cutting scenarios involving various combinations of thermomechanical boundary conditions were studied.
The analysis of the development of the thermal field on the surface of the workpiece made it possible to reveal the heating and cooling rates caused by cutting, allowing to describe two different types of thermal cycle, with the structure Heating-Peak-Cooling and Heating-Quasi-isothermal Deformation-Cooling depending on the aggressiveness of the process. The subsurface thermal zone is found to be related to the deformation caused by cutting because it combines information about the magnitude of the thermal field and the speed of the process. It was found that the highest rate of heat generation caused by plastic deformation occurred in the thin surface layers at the beginning of the contact between the workpiece and the side surface, which was related to the conditions under which the white layers are generated.
The analysis of the energy balance indicated the development of a less strong and less impulsive deformation process at greater depths below the surface, which was related to the mechanism of the formation of material resistance layers. Thus, the thermal effect on the processed surfaces was interconnected with their final metallurgical structure, which made it possible to deeply understand the physical conditions that arise when cutting high-carbon alloys.
1. Sereda L.P., Paladiichuk, Yu.B., Budak R.V. (2012). Vplyv dysypatyvnykh vlastyvostei materialiv protyazhnoho instrumentu na yakist obrobky hilz hidrotsylindriv. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. vol. 2. no. 66, pp. 87–89. [in Ukrainian].
2. Paladiichuk Y. (2021). Study of characteristics of growth formation after deformation strength during deforming strength. Architecture Medical sciences Technical science Physics and mathematics. vol. 2. no. 89, pp. 30-35. DOI: 10.24412/2520-2480-2021-289-30-36. [in English].
3. Sheikin S.Ye., Studenets S.F., Melnychenko V.V., Melnychenk, Ya.V. (2016). Tekhnolohiia vidnovlennia kardannykh valiv z zastosuvanniam hradiientnoho deformatsiinoho zmitsnennia. Vysoki tekhnolohii v mashynobuduvanni. vol. 1. no. 26, pp. 118-125. [in Ukrainian].
4. Posviatenko E., Posviatenko N., Budyak R., Shvets L., Paladiichuk Y., Aksom P., Hryhorychen V. (2018). Influence of a material the technological factors on improvement of operating properties of machine parts by reliefs and film coatings. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, no. 5/12. vol. 95, pp. 48-56. [in English].
5. Paladiichuk Yu.B., Teliatnyk I.A. (2022). Typy i konstruktsii vibrzobudzhuvachiv suchasnoho mashynobuduvannia. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohii. vol. 4. 107, pp. 26-35. [in Ukrainian].
6. Paladiichuk Yu.B. (2002). Protiaghuvannia porozhnystykh detalei mashyn instrumentom z reliefoutvoriuvalnymy sektsiiamy: Avtoref. dys. kand. tekhn. nauk : 05.03.01 / Yu.B. Paladiichuk; Nats. tekhn. un-t Ukrainy "Kyiv. politekhn. in-t". - K., 19 pp. [in Ukrainian].
7. Skorkin A.O., Kondratiuk O.L., Shelkovyi O.M., Permiakov O.A. (2017). Pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti protiahuvannia za rakhunok kosokutnoho rezannia v zoni deformuvannia. Mashynobuduvannia. vol. 20, 41-47. [in Ukrainian].
8. Nemyrovskyi Ya., Shepelenko I., Posviatenko E., Tsekhanov Yu., Polotnyak S., Sardak S., Paladiichuk Y. (2020). Desining the structures of solid-alloy elements for broaching the holes of significant diameter based on the assessment of their strength. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. vol. 3. no. 7-105, 57-65. [in English].
9. Bandura V.M., Budak R.V. (2014). Doslidzhennia fizyko-mekhanichnykh vlastyvostei poverkhni hilz pislia protiahuvannia. Skhidno-Yevropeiskyi zhurnal peredovykh tekhnolohii. no. 1.5. vol. 67, 38-40. [in Ukrainian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technologies" is included in the list of technical scientific publications of Ukraine
(Category "B", Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated July 2, 2020 No. 886)
Old version of the site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technology" is indexed by the following databases and catalogs:
The certificateof massmedia State registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.