INFLUENCE OF STRUCTURE OF POLYDISPERSE FILL OF ROTATING DRUM ON SELF-OSCILLATION
Naumenko Yurii – Doctor of Technical Sciences (Dr.Sc), Professor of the Department of construction, road, reclamation, agricultural machines and equipment of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering (St. Soborna, 11,Rivne, Ukraine, 33018, e-mail: email@example.com).
Deineka Kateryna – Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D), Lecturer of the highest category of the Technical College of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering (St. Orlova, 35, Rivne, Ukraine, 33027, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The influence on self-oscillations of the phase structure of polygranular fill of a cylindrical chamber of a drum, which rotates stationary around horizontal axis, is considered. The method of visual analysis of fill motion pictures in a cross section of a camera, the rotational speed of which is slowly changing, is applied. Two bifurcation values of a rotational speed with the maximum self-oscillation swing are established. The upper bifurcation value is somewhat less than the speed limit of a transformation of a circulation mode of a fill flow to a bed layer mode during acceleration of rotation. The lower bifurcation value is somewhat less than the speed limit of a reverse transformation of flow modes during deceleration of rotation. The effect of the mode hysteresis of a steady-state granular fill flow in a stationary rotating chamber is registered. The effect is
to exceed a rotational speed when a circulation mode transforms to a bed layer mode,
during acceleration of rotation, over speed of a reverse transformation of modes, during deceleration of rotation. It was found that the difference between an upper and lower bifurcation values of a rotational speed, the effect of a mode hysteresis, and the self-oscillation swing increases with the relaxation of a frictional interaction of a fill with a chamber surface. It was found that the relaxation of a frictional interaction is caused by the decrease in the content of a fine phase in a polygranular fill and the chamber degree of filling.
1. Deineka, K.Yu., & Naumenko, Yu.V. (2018). The tumbling mill rotation stability. Naukovyi Visnyk Nationalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University, 1(163), 60-68.
2. Palamarchuk, I.P., Tsurkan, O.V., Yanovych, V.P., Herasymov, O.O., Pentiuk, B.M., & Zhehaliuk, O.V. (2012). Vyznachennia amplitudno-chastotnykh ta enerhetychnykh parametriv vibratsiinoi susharky dlia sushinnia nasinnia [Determination of frequency and power parameters of a vibrating dryer for
convective drying pumpkin seeds]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh – Vibration in
Technics and Technologies, 3(67), 121-125 [in Ukrainian].
3. Yanovych, V.P., Drachyshyn, V.I., Palamarchuk, V.I., & Sizova, T.Y. (2015). Eksperymentalna otsinka amplitudno-chastotnykh kharakterystyk vibrokonveiernoi tekhnolohichnoi mashyny [Experimental evaluation frequency response vibroconveyor technological mashine]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh – Vibration in Technics and Technologies, 2(78), 145-150 [in Ukrainian].
4. Kaletnik, H.M., & Yanovych, V.P. (2017). Obgruntuvannia rezhymnykh ta konstruktyvnykh parametriv hratsiinoho mlyna dlia vyrobnytstva vysokoaktyvnykh premiksiv [The rational of operation and design parameters vibration mill for the production of highly premixes]. Vibratsii
v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh – Vibration in Technics and Technologies, 1(84), 15-21 [in Ukrainian].
5. Seiden, G. (2011). Complexity, segregation, and pattern formation in rotating-drum flows. Reviews of Modern Physics, 83, 4, 1323–1365.
6. Gray, J.M.N.T. (2018). Particle segregation in dense granular flows. Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, 50, 407–433.
7. Amon, D.L., Niculescu, T., & Utter, B.C. (2013). Grain avalanches in a two-dimensional rotating drum with imposed vertical vibration. Phys. Rev. E., 88, 1, 012203.
8. Huang, X., Bec, S., & Colombani, J. (2015). Ambivalent role of fine particles on the stability of a humid granular pile in a rotating drum. Powder Technology, 279, 254-261.
9. Xiao, H., McDonald, D., Fan, Y., Umbanhowar, P.B., Ottino, J.M., & Lueptow, R.M. (2017). Controlling granular segregation using modulated flow. Powder Technology, 312, 360-368.
10. Marteau, E., & Andrade, J.E. (2018).
A model for decoding the life cycle of granular avalanches in a rotating drum. Acta Geotechnica, 13, 3, 549-555.
11. Wang, N., Xu, J., Guo, X., Lu, H., Zhao, H., Li, W., & Liu, H. (2018). Velocity profiles of avalanches during hopper discharge. Fuel, 218, 350-356.
12. Zivkovic, V., Yang, H., Zheng, G., & Biggs, M. (2017). Time-resolved granular dynamics of a rotating drum in a slumping regime as revealed by speckle visibility spectroscopy.
EPJ Web of Conferences, 140, 06020.
13. Li, R., Yang, H., Zheng, G., & Sun, Q.C. (2018). Granular avalanches in slumping regime in a 2D rotating drum. Powder Technology, 326, 322-326.
14. Naumenko, Yu.V. (2004). The regime hysteresis of viscous flow with free surface in rotating horizontal cylinder. International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, 31, 4, 358-368.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.