INCREASING THE ULTRASONIC TECHNOLOGICAL ACTION EFFICIENCY IN THE FOOD RAW MATERIALS PROCESSING
Bernyk Iryna – D-r of Sciences, Technics, Associate Professor, Department of Food Technology and Microbiology, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (3, Sonychna St., Vinnytsia, 21008, Ukraine +380975133073, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1367-3058).
The increase of ultrasonic technological action efficiency at food raw materials processing by taking into account their rheological properties is investigated. We have proved the need to determine the classification characteristics of food media, which are crucial for their processing and reflect the change in ultrasonic treatment. The mode of loading on the emitter, physical characteristics and conditions of exposure to the emitter are among the key features. It was found that acoustically unlimited media with constant and variable physical parameters with constant and variable dimensions have a significant impact on the processing. The efficiency of the oscillations in acoustically unlimited and limited environments is ensured by matching the value of the input resistance with the source of oscillations and with the waveguide system. Physical characteristics of food media, conditions of influence on the emitter are revealed. The identified classification features reflect the main key aspects of improving the efficiency of ultrasonic technological action in the food raw materials processing, which are related to the assessment of the waves’ propagation in the media and the interaction of these waves with the emitter. It is established that the Kelvin-Voigt model is one of the most reliable, it reflects the certain rheological properties of the medium in the conditions of ultrasonic cavitation treatment. Taking into account the conversion of ultrasonic energy, the main stages of the process are identified. The dependences of the amplitude of the sound pressure on the thickness of the fluid treatment layer are established, taking into account the viscosity of the liquid. The dependences of the radius of the cavitation bubble on the amplitude of the sound pressure and the thickness of the liquid layer are revealed. The wave resistance of the medium is studied and analytical dependences are obtained to determine the intensity of the technological process by which the increase of the efficiency of the processes of ultrasonic technological action in the food raw materials processing is realized.
1. Fedotkin I. M., ZHarik B. N., Pogorzhel'skij B. I. (1984) Intensifikaciya tekhnologicheskih processov pishchevyh proizvodstv [Intensification of technological processes in food production]. K.: Tekhnika, 1984. 176. [In Russian].
2. Ovchinnikov P.F. (1983.) Vibroreologiya [Vibrorheology]. K.: Naukova dumka. 272. [In Russian].
3. Stebnovskij S.V. (2001) Obobshchennaya reologicheskaya model' kavitiruyushchih kondensirovannyh sred [Generalized Rheological Model of Cavitating Condensed Matter]. Prikladnaya mekhanika i tekhnicheskaya fizika. T. 42. №3. 116–129. [In Russian].
4. Fizicheskie velichiny: spravochnik [Physical quantities: a reference book]. (1991) Pod, red. I,S, Grigor'eva, E.Z, Mejlihova, M.: Energoatomizdat. 1232. [In Russian].
5. Rejner M. (1965) Reologiya [Rheology]. M.: Nauka. 224. [In Russian].
6. Bernyk І., Luhovskyi О. (2017). Research and calculation of rational modes and parameters of an ultrasonic cavitator. IX International Conference “Heavy Machinery-HM 2017”, Zlatibor, 28 Jule – 1 July. Р. 109 – 112.
7. Bernyk I. (2020.). Estimation of efficiency of ultrasonic cavitation processing of technological media on energy criteria. Mechanics and Advanced Technologies. №2 (89). С. 18–28.
8. Lytvynenko O.A., Nekoz O.I., Nemyrovych P.M., Kondrat Z. (1999) Kavitatsiini prystroi v kharchovii, pererobnii ta farmatsevtychnii promyslovosti [Cavitation devices in the food, processing and pharmaceutical industries]. K.: RVTs UDKhT. 87. [in Ukrainian].
9. Bernyk I., Luhovskyi O., Wojcik W., Shedreyeva I., Karnakova G. (2019). Theoretical Investigations of the Interaction of Acoustic Apparatus with Technological Environment Working Process. Przeglad Elektrotechniczny. 2019, №1(4). 32–37.
10. Fedotkin I.M., Nemchin A.F. (1984) Ispol'zovanie kavitacii v tekhnologicheskih processah [The use of cavitation in technological processes]. K.: Vishcha shkola. Izd-vo pri Kiev. Un-te, 68. [In Russian].
11. Vitenko T.M. (2009) Hidrodynamichna kavitatsiia u masoobminnykh, khimichnykh i biolohichnykh protsesakh [Hydrodynamic cavitation in mass transfer, chemical and biological processes]. Ternopil: Vydavnytstvo TDTU im. I Puliuia. 224. [in Ukrainian].
12. Wong J.E., Muñiz D.B., Martínez G.C., Belmares R.E., Aguilar C.N. (2015) Ultrasound-assisted extraction of polyphenols from native plants in the Mexican desert. Ultrason. Sonochem. № 22. P. 474–481.
13. Agranat B.A., Dubrovin M.N., Havskij N.N., Eskin G.I. (1987) Osnovy fiziki i tekhniki ul'trazvuka [Fundamentals of physics and technology of ultrasound]. M.: Vysshaya shkola. 352 s. [in Ukrainian].
14. Sirotyuk M.G., Gavrilov L.R. (2008) Akusticheskaya kavitaciya [Acoustic cavitation]. M.: Nauka. 271. [In Russian].
15. Moshaii A. and Sadighi-Bonabi R.(2004). Role of liquid compressional viscosity in the dynamics of a sonoluminescing bubble. Phys. Rev. E. V. 70. 29-36.
16. Luhovskyi O. F., Bernyk I. M. (2010) Fizychna model ultrazvukovoho kavitatsiinoho vyluchennia pektynu z vtorynnoi roslynnoi syrovyny [Physical model of ultrasonic cavitation extraction of pectin from secondary vegetable raw materials]. Visnyk natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu Ukrainy «Kyivskyi politekhnichnyi instytut» seriia «Khimichna inzheneriia, ekolohiia ta resursozberezhennia». №1 (5). 25–30. [in Ukrainian].
17. Margulis M. A., Margulis I. M. (2007) Dinamika ansamblya puzyr'kov v kavitiruyushchej zhidkosti [Dynamics of an ensemble of bubbles in a cavitating liquid]. ZHurnal fizicheskoj himii. T.81. №12. 2290-2295. [In Russian].
18. SHestakov S. D. (2010) Mnogopuzyr'kovaya akusticheskaya kavitaciya: matematicheskaya model' i fizicheskoe podobie [Multi-bubble acoustic cavitation: mathematical model and physical similarity]. Elektronnyj zhurnal "Tekhnicheskaya akustika". №14. 16. [In Russian].
19. Bernyk I. (2016) Research parameters of ultrasound processing equipment dispersed in technological environment. Motrol. Commission of Motorization and Energetics in Agriculture. Vol. 18. № 3. 3 – 13.
20. Luk'yanchenko M., Dzhelyal A., Strubalin A. (2013) Vliyanie tekhnologicheskih parametrov na prochnost' razlichnyh vidov vyazhushchih pri ul'trazvukovoj obrabotke vodotverdyh suspenzij [Influence of technological parameters on the strength of various types of binders during ultrasonic treatment of water-solid suspensions]. Motrol. Commission of Motorization and Energeticsin Agriculture. Vol. 15. №5. 17–22. [In Russian].
21. Luhovskyi O. F., Bernyk I. M. (2016) Analiz metodiv vyznachennia shvydkosti rozpovsiudzhennia khvyl v kavitatsiinii oblasti ultrazvukovoho polia [Analysis of methods for determining the speed of wave propagation in the cavitation region of the ultrasonic field]. Visnyk NTU «KhPI», Seriia: Novi rishennia v suchasnykh tekhnolohiiakh. № 18. 10–15. [in Ukrainian].
22. Du T., Huang Ch., Wang Y. A. (2016) Numerical Model for Evolution of Internal Structure of Cloud Cavitation. ISROMAC-2016 (International Symposium on Transport Phenomena and Dynamics of Rotating Machinery). April. Hawaii, Honolulu. 10-15.
23. Hmelev, V. N., Knyazev A. N., Barsukov R. V., SHalunov A. V. (2001) Izmerenie parametrov tekhnologicheskih sred, podvergaemyh vozdejstviyu ul'trazvukovyh kolebanij vysokoj intensivnosti [Measurement of parameters of technological media exposed to high-intensity ultrasonic vibrations]. Izmereniya, avtomatizaciya i modelirovanie v promyshlennyh i nauchnyh issledovaniyah: mezhvuzovskij sbornik. 262-267. [In Russian].
24. Bernyk I. M., Luhovskyi O. F. (2014) Vstanovlennia osnovnykh parametriv vplyvu tekhnolohichnoho seredovyshcha na robochyi protses ultrazvukovoi kavitatsiinoi obrobky [Establishment of the basic parameters of influence of technological environment on working process of ultrasonic cavitation processing]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. № 3(75). 121–126. [in Ukrainian].
25. Shirsath, S.R.; Sonawane, S.H.; Gogate, P.R. (2012) Intensification of extraction of natural products using ultrasonic irradiations. A review of current status. Chem. Eng. Process. Process Intensif. № 53. 10–23.
26. SHutilov V. A. (1980) Osnovy fiziki ul'trazvuka: ucheb. Posobie [Fundamentals of Ultrasound Physics]. L.: Izd-vo Leningr. un-ta. 280. [In Russian].
27. Dolinskij A. A., Ivanickij G. K. (2008) Teplomassoobmen i gidrodinamika v parozhidkostnyh dispersnyh sredah [Heat and mass transfer and hydrodynamics in vapor-liquid dispersed media]. Kiev: Nauk. dumka. 381. [In Russian].
28. Dolinskij A.A., Nakorchevskij A.I. (1997) Principy optimizacii massoobmennyh tekhnologij na osnove metoda diskretno-impul'snogo vvoda energii [Optimization principles of mass transfer technologies based on the method of discrete-pulse energy input]. Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika. T. 19. № 6. 5 – 9. [In Russian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.