ANALYSIS OF VIBRATION TECHNICAL DEVICES FOR DRYING PUMPKIN SEEDS
Tsurkan Oleh Vasylovych – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Director of Ladyzhyn College of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (Kravchik Petro St., 5, Ladyzhyn, Vinnytsia Region, Ukraine, 24321, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
A significant obstacle to the expansion of pumpkin production is the lack of quality seed. In connection with the imperfection of existing means for post-harvest seed treatment, it becomes necessary to develop new drying methods that would ensure high quality of the finished product, create conditions for complete and timely processing of the harvested crop, reduce losses, automate, mechanize and significantly intensify this process, as well as reduction of specific energy consumption. When analyzing the latest studies on drying seed products, it was noted that most of the work relates specifically to post-harvest processing of wheat grains, slightly less to drying corn and legumes, and a very insignificant share concerns vegetables and melons. A fundamental requirement of the drying process for pumpkin seeds as seed and food is to ensure standard quality endpoints.
In installations where pumpkin seeds are dried in a fixed bed, the upper layer of the seed embankment dries up last, the quality of the lower layer deteriorates due to overdrying below the optimum value. This causes significant heterogeneity in the moisture content of the seed mass. Considering the large range of moisture removal when drying high-moisture pumpkin seeds, when the available moisture reduction in one pass is 6%, the use of drum dryers due to the need to organize multiple passes, as well as the tendency of the seed mass, is technically and economically impractical. Conveyor dryers are difficult to maintain, expensive and have low productivity. It is difficult to use differentiated modes of seed drying in them, and also in the design it is necessary to take into account the increased cohesive-adhesive properties of the seed layer.
The drying process, taking into account the necessary requirements associated with the characteristics of pumpkin seeds, it is advisable to carry out in dryers with vibration layer loosening. To improve the flowability of a layer of seeds prone to sticking, sticking, channeling, agglomeration, at the initial stage of vibration drying, along with vibration and aeration mixing, it is advisable to use additional mechanical stirrers.
1. Harbuz znovu v modi. Kyiv, 2019. URL: http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/podiia/item/11521-harbuz-znovu-v-modi.html (data zvernennia: 20.11.2021).
2. Rebinder P.A. (1958). Fiziko-himicheskaya mehanika novaya oblast nauki. Moskva. 63 s.
3. Golubkovich A.V., Chizhikov A.G. (1991). Sushka vyisokovlazhnyih semyan i zerna. Moskva.
4. Golubkovich A.V. (1987).Teoriya i tehnologiya sushki semyanoovoschnyih i bahchevyih kultur. Moskva. 198 s.
5. Pavlovskiy G.T., Ptitsyin S.D. (1972). Ochistka, sushka i aktivnoe ventilirovanie zerna. Moskva. 256 s.
6. Kotov B.I., Stepanenko S.P., Kalinichenko R.A. (2017). Kontseptualni osnovy stvorennia tekhnichnykh zasobiv pervynnoi obrobky zerna v umovakh hospodarstv APK. Konstruiuvannia, vyrobnytstvo ta ekspluatatsiia silskohospodarskykh mashyn. Vyp. 47. Ch. 1. S. 104-114.
7. Kotov B.I., Hryshchenko V.O. (2017). Matematychna model okholodzhennia volohoho zerna uventyliuiemykh bunkerakh z radialnym rozpodilenniam povitria Konstruiuvannia, vyrobnytstvo ta ekspluatatsiiasilskohospodarskykh mashyn. Vyp. 47. Ch. 1. S. 132-139.
8. Shapovalenko O.I., Yaniuk T.I. (2000). Mikrokhvylova obrobka pshenychnykh zarodkiv i sushinnia infrachervonym vyprominiuvanniam. Zerno i khlib. № 4. S. 20-21.
9. Zhidko V.I., Rezchikov V.A., Ukolov V.S. (1982). Zernosushenie i zernosushilki. Moskva. 239 s.
10. Baum A.E., Rezchikov V.A. (1993). Sushka zerna. Moskva. 223 s.
11. Trubilin E.I., Fedorenko N.F., Tlishev A.I. (2009). Mehanizatsiya posleuborochnoy obrabotki semyan i zerna. Krasnodar. 96 s.
12. Selskohozyaystvennyie i meliorativnyiemashinyi. Kamen-na-Obi, 2015. URL: http://www.k-a-t.ru/sxt/6-sushka_seno/index.shtml (data zvernennya: 24.11.2021).
13. Kakhovskyi eksperymentalnyi mekhanichnyi zavod. Kakhovka, 2019. URL: http://kemz.com.ua/v-kb-153-sushilnaya-ustanovka-sushilnyj-stol-dlya-tykvennoj-semechki.html (data zvernennia: 24.11.2021).
14. Poperechnyi A.M. Naukove obgruntuvannia vplyvu mekhanichnykh kolyvan na intensyfikatsiiu protsesiv pererobky kharchovoi syrovyny: avtoref. dys. … d-ra tekhn. nauk: 05.18.12. Kharkiv, 2004. 47 s.
15. Pat. KM 33768 Ukraina. Ustanovka z psevdozridzhenym sharom dlia sushinnia sypuchykh volohykh materialiv. Opubl. 10.07.2008.
16. Kalinovskaya O.P. (1989). Primenenie vibratsionnoy sushki v kombikormovoy promyishlennosti. Moskva. 42 s.
17. Pat. KM 21403 Ukraina. Vibratsiina susharka. Opubl. 15.03.2007.
18. Konstruktsii sushilok. Moskva, 2014. URL: http://www.studopedia.info/1-114389.html (data zvernennya: 25.11.2021).
19. A. s. 566107. MKI2 F 26 B 17/26. Vibratsionnaya sushilka dlya dispersnyih materialov/
P.D. Denisov, O.P. Kalinovskaya. № 566107; zayavl. 16.12.85; opubl. 25.07.87, Byul. № 27.
20. Sushka v vibrokipyaschem sloe. Moskva, 2018. URL: http://www.medinfo.social/farmatsiya_848/sushka-vibrokipyaschem-sloe-67128.html (data zvernennya: 25.11.2021).
21. Anisimov I.F. (1997). Mashinyi i potochnyie linii dlya proizvodstva semyan ovoschevodcheskih kultur. Kishinev. 300 s.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.