SUBSTANTIATION OF INDUCTION HEATING DURING FLANGING OF TUBULAR WORKPIECES BY ROLLING FORMING
Matviychuk Viktor – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Full Professor, Head of the Department of Electric Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electromechanics, Vinnitsa National Agrarian University (3 Solnechna St., Vinnitsa, 21008, Ukraine, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Savkiv Volodymyr – graduate student of the Department of Electric Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electromechanics (3 Solnechnaya St., Vinnytsia, Ukraine, 21008, e-mail: email@example.com).
Rolling forming (RF) processes are among the most efficient methods of metal forming. The required profile of the workpiece in rolling processes is formed by local deformation with conical or cylindrical rolls using sound technological schemes. When roll forming pipe billets with a ratio of the height of the initial deformed part to the wall thickness of more than 2.5, the flange seating process is made impossible by the loss of billet stability with subsequent fold formation. This phenomenon makes it impossible to produce wide flanges by drawing. To form workpieces with particularly wide flanges, we have developed a flanging method by rolling stamping.
The essence of the flanging method is that at the initial stages of rolling, the top of the conical roll is shifted in the direction of the contact patch. At intermediate stages, to prevent the workpiece wall from turning inside out, the top of the roll is shifted in the opposite direction (along the workpiece axis). The main technological constraints are imposed by the insufficient ductility of the billet material, which can cause fracture.
To develop the flanging processes in a reasonable manner, we studied the mechanics of outer flange deformation and methods of controlling material flow. The stress-strain state (SSS) of the material was analyzed using the hardness measurement method and the mesh method. The nature of the change in the stress-strain state in the most dangerous zones of the workpiece was determined, depending on the ratio of the flange diameter to the initial workpiece. Based on the experimental results, a mathematical model of the deformation trajectory of material particles of the outer surface of the flange in the coordinates of deformation intensity - an indicator of the stress state - was constructed. To assess the deformability of the material, a damage summation model with a power law approximation of the damage function was used. The model allows us to determine the ultimate fracture dimensions of the flange, as well as the plasticity resource used at intermediate stages.
The condition for the suitability of metals for flanging by rolling stamping for engineering calculations is obtained. The necessity of applying induction heating in the processes of culling by rolling stamping is substantiated. This makes it possible to expand the technological capabilities of flanging processes by developing and using induction heating of workpieces, due to an increase in the plasticity characteristics and a decrease in the strength characteristics of metals in the process of deformation.
1. Gozhiy, S.P., Kryvda, L.T. (2006) Stamping by Rolling as a Means of Resource Conservation. Scientific news of the National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute", 2 (46). 55-60.
2. Matviychuk, V.A., Aliev, I.S. (2009) Improvement of Processes of Local Rotational Processing by Pressure on the Basis of the Analysis of Deformability of Metals. Kramatorsk: DGMA. Monograph.
3. Matviychuk, V.A. (2022). Development of energy- and resource-saving technologies in procurement. Engineering, Energy, Transport AIC. 4 (119). 110-119.
4. Matvijchuk V., Shtuts A., Kolisnyk M., Kupchuk I., Derevenko I. (2022) Investigation of the Tubular and Cylindrical Billets Stamping by Rolling Process with the Use of Computer Simulation. Periodica Polytechnica, Mechanical Engineering. 1 (66). 51–58. (Scopus).
5. Kraevsky, V.O., Matviychuk, V.A., Mikhalevich, V.M. (2003) Influence of Technological Parameters on the Kinematics of Cold end Rolling. Kramatorsk - Slavyansk. 286–291.
6. Kaporovich, V.G. (1978) Production of Parts from Running-In Pipes. M. Mechanical Engineering. 134 p.
7. Pyts, Ya.E. (2002) Actual Questions of Production of Thick-Walled Products from Pipes by Rotational Running-In by the Tool of Friction. Coll. Science. pr. Kramatorsk. 290-292.
8. Matvijchuk, V.A., Savkiv, V.V. (2022). Rolling stamping of workpieces using advanced energy-efficient induction heating. Vibrations in engineering and Technology. 4 (107). 59-67.
9. Matviychuk, V.A., Kolisnyk, M.A., Shtuts, A.A. (2018). Investigation of the stress-strain state of the workpiece material during direct extrusion by the method of rolling stamping. Engineering, Energy, Transport AIC. 3 (102). 77-84.
10. Mikhalevich, V. M., Matviychuk, V. A., Kolisnyk, M. A. (2022) Estimation of deformability of the material of blanks during direct extrusion by the method of stamping by rolling. Processing of materials by pressure. 1 (51). 87-97.
11. Mikhalevich, V. M. (1998). Tensor models of damage accumulation. Vinnytsia: UNIVERSUM Vinnytsia. 195 р. ISBN 966-7199-20-7.
12. Volodymyr Mykhalevych, Yurii Dobraniuk, Victor Matviichuk, Volodymyr Kraievskyi, Oksana Тiutiunnyk, Saule Smailova, Ainur Kozbakova. A comparative study of various models of equivalent plastic strain to fracture. Informatyka, Automatyka, Pomiary w Gospodarce i Ochronie Środowiska. 2023. № 1. P. 54-70. DOI: http://doi.org/10.35784/iapgos.3496
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technologies" is included in the list of technical scientific publications of Ukraine
(Category "B", Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated July 2, 2020 No. 886)
Old version of the site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technology" is indexed by the following databases and catalogs:
The certificateof massmedia State registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.