RESULTS OF LABORATORY STUDIES OF THE EXPANDATE FORMATION PROCESS
Elchyn Aliiev – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Senior Researcher, Professor of the Departments of Mechanization of Production Processes in Animal Husbandry of Dnipro State Agrarian and Economic University (St. S. Efremova, 25, Dnipro, Ukraine, 49000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4006-8803).
Volodymyr Dudin – Ph.D., associate professor, head of the technical systems engineering department of Dnipro State Agrarian and Economic University (St. S. Efremova, 25, Dnipro, Ukraine, 49000, e-mail: email@example.com, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1414-7690).
Mykola Linko – recipient of the third educational and scientific level of higher education Dnipro State Agrarian and Economic University (St. S. Efremova, 25, Dnipro, Ukraine, 49000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1353-4832).
The expanded preparation of feeds is carried out using high-temperature (80–140 °C) expanders. These expanders perform the task of preparing food products and feeds under high pressure (1–10 MPa). The expansion process is accompanied by chemical changes such as denaturation of proteins, amino acids, vitamins, starch, and enzymes. Additionally, there is a transformation of the physical and mechanical properties of the feed components, converting them into expandates.
The laboratory research aims to establish the regularities of the compression pressure changes with the deformation of feed components and the density of the obtained expandates under various technological parameters. The study explores the impact of the granulometric composition of the feed, its moisture, and temperature on the deformation diagram, representing the relationship between stress and material deformation. For this purpose, testing was conducted using the Heckert FP-100/1 testing machine and additional devices and equipment.
As research factors, the feed's moisture W (10 %, 20 %, 30 %), temperature T (80 °C, 110 °C, 140 °C), and the average particle diameter of ground feed components Dμ (0.5 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.5 mm) were selected. The study was conducted using a full-factor experiment, comprising a total of 27 experiments with three repetitions. For each experiment, a relationship of compression pressure changes with deformation (elastic hysteresis) of the feed components ΔP(εz) was obtained.
The research criteria include: the area SΔP enclosed inside the elastic hysteresis loop ΔP(εz); the coefficient of mechanical losses (or relative hysteresis) Ψ, calculated as the ratio of the hysteresis loop area SΔP to the area enclosed between the stress-strain curve and the abscissa axis, where deformations SP1 are plotted; the height of the obtained expandate sample ha; and the density of the obtained expandates ρa.
As a result of the laboratory research on the expandation process, dependencies of the compression pressure changes with the deformation of feed components ΔP(εz) were established. Additionally, correlations of the area of the elastic hysteresis loop SΔP, the coefficient of mechanical losses Ψ, the height of the obtained expandate sample ha, and the density of the obtained expandates ρa with the feed's moisture W, temperature T, and the average particle diameter of ground components Dμ were determined.
By solving the compromise task of minimizing the coefficient of mechanical losses Ψ and maximizing the density of the obtained expandates ρa, the following rational technological parameters were obtained, ensuring the most effective feed expansion process: Dμ = 0.5 mm, T = 119.2 °C, W = 19.1%, ρa = 292.9 kg/m3.
1. Aliiev, E. B., Linko, M. O. (2022). Analiz tekhniko-tekhnolohichnoho osnashchennya protsesiv ekspandovanoho pryhotuvannya kormiv [Analysis of technical and technological equipment of expanded feed preparation processes]. Tekhnika, enerhetyka, transport APK – Technology, energy, transport of agricultural industry. VNAU, 1 (116), 51–57. DOI: 10.37128/2520-6168-2022-1-6.
2. Prestlokken, E., Forutvikling F. (2015). Expander treatment. HFE 305 Feed Manufacturing Technology. 1–13. Retrieved from: http://www.umb.no/statisk/iha/kurs/nova/feed_technology/4.pdf
3. KAHL (2012). Expanded structurized feed for pigs. Description of the production process and the product properties. Retrieved from: https://www.akahl.com/fileadmin/media/akahl/bilder/anlagen /Futtermittelanlagen/Mischfutteranlage/PDF/Expanded_structurized_feed.pdf
4. Yegorov, B., Batievskaya, N. (2020). Quality assessment of compound feeds in the form of mixture crumbs. Grain Products and Mixed Fodder’s, 20 (1), 41–47. DOI: 10.15673/gpmf.v20i1.1693
5. Fancher, B. I., Rollins, D., Trimbee, B. (1996). Feed Processing Using the Annular Gap Expander and Its Impact on Poultry Performance1. Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 5 (4), 386–394. DOI: 10.1093/japr/5.4.386
6. Guy, R. (2001). Extrusion Cooking. Technologies and Applications. CRC Press Inc. Boca Ration. FL. 206 p. Retrieved from: https://mastermilk.com/uploads/biblio/extrusion_cooking_techniques_ applications.pdf
7. Moscicki, L., Mitrus, M., Wojtowicz, A. (2007). Technika ekstruzjiw przetworstwie rolno-spo zywczym. PWRiL. Warszawa. 222 p.
8. Hancock, J. D. (2001). Extrusion technologies to produce quality pig feed. Feed Technol. 5 (3), 18–20.
9. Amandus Kahl GmbH. (2022). Technical materials, laboratory reports (personal communication). Retrieved from: www.akahl.com
10. Aliiev, E., Dudin, V., Linko, M. (2022). Physico-mathematical apparatus for numerical modelling of feed expander. Machinery & Energetics. 13(3), 9-16. DOI: 10.31548/machenergy.13(3).2022.9-16
11. DSTU ISO 712:2015 Zernovi ta produkty z nykh. Vyznachennya vmistu volohy. Kontrolʹnyy metod (ISO 712:2009, IDT) [DSTU ISO 712:2015 Zernovi ta produkty z nykh. Vyznachennya vmistu volohy. Kontrolʹnyy metod (ISO 712:2009, IDT). DP «Ukrayinsʹkyy naukovo-doslidnyy i navchalʹnyy tsentr problem standartyzatsiyi, sertyfikatsiyi ta yakosti» (DP «UkrNDNTS»). 21 c. http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page?id_doc=83685]. DP «Ukrayinsʹkyy naukovo-doslidnyy i navchalʹnyy tsentr problem standartyzatsiyi, sertyfikatsiyi ta yakosti» (DP «UkrNDNTS») – Research and Training Center for Problems of Standardization, Certification and Quality" (SE "UkrNDNC"). 21 c. Retrieved from: http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page?id_doc=83685.
12. Bulgakov, V. M., Adamchuk, V. V., Chernysh, O. M., Berezovy, M. G., Kaletnik, H. M., & Yaremenko, V. V. (2020). Applied mechanics. textbook. K.: Center for Educational Literature, 2020. 906 p.
13. Solona, O., Derevenko, I., & Kupchuk, I. (2019). Determination of plasticity for pre-deformed billet. Solid State Phenomena, 291, 110-120.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technologies" is included in the list of technical scientific publications of Ukraine
(Category "B", Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated July 2, 2020 No. 886)
Old version of the site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technology" is indexed by the following databases and catalogs:
The certificateof massmedia State registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.