MODELING THE PROCESS OF CONTACT INTERACTION OF A TOOL WITH A PART WITH A SUPPLEMENT OF AXIAL ULTRASONIC OSCILLATIONS
Rutkevych Volodymyr – Ph.D., Senior lecturer of the Department of Machinery and Equipment for Agricultural Production of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (Sonyachna Str., 3, Vinnytsia, Ukraine, 21008, e-mail: email@example.com).
The process of ultrasonic extrusion of rubber with superposition of ultrasonic vibrations is investigated and modeled. Based on the rheological model of deformation of an ideal elastic-plastic body, dependences have been developed for calculating contact pressures and specific friction. When conducting this study in order to simplify the mathematical model, the assumption was made that the phenomenon of surface hardening has little effect on the magnitude of the contact pressure and the friction force during plastic deformation.
This mathematical model describes the complex movement of a tool (rotational and oscillatory movement of a tap). The system of obtained dependences, which describes the influence of the amplitude of oscillations, the direction of oscillations, the strain rate, and the mechanical properties of the processed material on the value of the contact pressure, allows one to calculate the parameters of the plastic deformation process with the application of ultrasound. Thanks to this description, it is possible to obtain the value of contact pressure and friction forces for each section of the load diagram.
When analyzing the results, it was found that with an increase in the amplitude of the oscillations, the contact time of the tool with the machined surface decreases, therefore, the contact pressure, the specific friction of axial and torsional vibrations during the period, respectively, decrease within the limits of the studied factors.
The obtained dependence for determining the diameter of the hole when extruding the rubber with superposition of axial vibrations, taking into account the elastic properties of the workpiece material. These dependences make it possible to determine the diameter of the hole and the tolerance for its manufacture, depending on the size and design of the tap, the size of the rubber, the mechanical properties of the workpiece material, processing conditions and the magnitude of ultrasonic vibrations.
The advantage of this study is a detailed analysis of the contact interaction of the tool with the part and taking into account the mechanical properties of the processed material, which allows you to select processing modes and ensure maximum performance.
1. Аstаshеv, V. K. (1992). Vliianie ultrаzvukоvykh kоlebаnii rеztsа nа prоtsеss rеzаniia [The influence of ultrasonic vibrations of the cutter on the cutting process]. Prоblеmy mаshynоstrоеniia i nаdеzhnоsti mаshin – Problems of mechanical engineering and machine reliability, 3, 81–86 [in Russian].
2. Adamchuk, V. V., Bulhakov, V. M., Kaletnyk, H. N., Kutsenko, A. H. (2017). Ispolzovanye priamoho metoda hranychnіkh elementov pri issledovanii statsyonarnikh kolebanyi plastin [The use of the direct method of boundary elements in the study of stationary oscillations of the plates].Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh, Vibration in engineering and technology, 1(84), 8–14.[In Ukrainian].
3. Bernyk, P. S., Palamarchuk, I. P. & Lypovyi, I. H. (1998). Rozvytok konstruktyvnykh ta tekhnolohichnykh skhem mashyn dlia obrobky vyrobiv v umovakh vilnoho kinematychnoho zv’iazku mizh detaliamy ta robochym instrumentom [Development of design and technological schemes for processing products in conditions of a free kinematic connection between the parts of the working tool]. Vibraciyi v tekhnici ta tekhnologiyah, Vibration in engineering and technology, 2(6), 21–29 [in Ukrainian].
4. Rоzеnbеrh, А. M., Rоzеnbеrh, О. А. (1990). Меkhаnikа plаstichеskоhо dеfоrmirоvаniia v prоtsеssаkh rеzаniia i dеfоrmiruiushchеhо prоtiahivаniia [The mechanics of plastic deformation in cutting and deformation pulling processes]. K.: Nаuk. Dumkа. [in Russian].
5. Маrkоv, А. I.(1980). Ultrаzvukоvаia оbrаbоtkа mаtеriаlоv [Ultrasonic processing of materials]. Маshinоstrоеniе. [in Russian].
6. Kumabe, D. (1985). Vibrаtsiоnnое rеzаniе [Vibration cutting]. М: Маshinоstrоеniе [in Russian].
7. Hоlоvkin, V. V., Trusov, V. N. (2009). Isslеdоvаniiе rаbоtоspоsоbnоsti mеtchikоv pri nаrеzаnii rеzb z primеnеniеm ultrаzvukоvykh kоlеbаnii [The study of the performance of taps when threading using ultrasonic vibrations]. Vеstnik Sаmаrskоhо hоsudаrstvеnnоhо аerоkоsmichеskоhо univеrsitеtа [Bulletin of the Samara State Aerospace University], 3, 69–78. [in Russian].
8. Posviatеnkо, Е. K., Turych, V. V., Shеvchеnkо, V. І. (2003). Моdyfіkuvаnnia pоvеrkhnі dеtаlеi mаshyn ultrаzvukоvym mеtоdоm [Modification of surface of machine parts by ultrasonic method]. Vіsnyk NТU [Bulletin of NTU], 8, 28–33. [in Ukrainian].
9. Аstаshеv, V. К. (1983). О vliianii vysоkоchаstоtnykh vibrаtsii nа prоtsеssy plаstichеskоhо dеfоrmirоvаniia [On the effect of high-frequency vibrations on plastic deformation processes]. Маshinоviеdiеniiе [Machine science], 2, 3–12. [in Russian].
10. Zhu, Z. Q., Lee, B., Huang, L., Chu, W. (2017). Contribution of current harmonics to average torque and torque ripple in switched reluctance machines, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 3, 1–9. [in English].
11. Тurych, V., Rutkevych, V., Goncharuk, N., Ogorodnichuk, G. (2018). Investigation of the process smoothing with ultrasonic. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise technologies, 3/1(93), 22-33. [in English].
12. Vеsеlоvskа, N. R., Turych, V. V., Rutkevych, V. S. (2017). Kоntаktnа vzаiemоdіia іnstrumеntа з dеtаlliu u prоtsеsаkh pоvеrkhnеvоhо plаstychnоhо dеfоrmuvаnnia z ultrаzvykom [Contact of the tool with the part in the processes of surface plastic deformation with ultrasound]. Vіbrаtsіi v tеkhnіtsі tа tеkhnоlоhіiakh [Vibrations in technology and technology], 2, 51–58. [in Ukrainian].
13. Turych, V. V., Rutkevych, V. S. (2016). Kоntаktnа vzаiemоdіia іnstrumеntа з dеtаlliu v prоtsеsі dеfоrmuiuchоhо prоtяhuvаnnia z ultrаzvukom [Contact of the tool with the part in the process of deforming stretching with ultrasound]. Prоmyslоvа hіdrаvlіkа і pnеvmаtykа [Industrial hydraulics and pneumatics], 4, 71–76 [in Ukrainian].
14. Pаt. KM 101967 Ukraina. (2015). Prystrіi dlia vymіriuvаnnia pаrаmеtrіv ultrаzvukоvykh kоlyvаn [Device for measuring the parameters of ultrasonic vibrations]. Publ. 12.10.2015 [in Ukrainian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.