METHODS OF HEAT TREATMENT OF GRAIN
Polievoda Yurii – PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of technological processes and equipment for processing and food production, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (Sonyachna st., 3, Vinnytsia, 21008, Ukraine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Revva Viktor – postgraduate student of the Department Technological processes and the possession of food processing and food production of the Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (Sonyachna st., 3, Vinnytsia, 21008, Ukraine, e-mail: Viktorreva1@gmail.com).
Popov Ivan – lecturer of the separate structural subdivision «Ladyzhyn Professional College of Vinnytsia NAU» (Petra Kravchika st., 5, Ladyzhyn, 24321, Ukraine, e-mail: email@example.com).
The primary task of grain producers is to bring it to conditioned humidity. For temporary and long-term storage, transportation and processing requires grain with a moisture content of 14%, for legumes – a little less, about 10%. This is achieved by heat treatment of grain. Thermal methods of grain processing significantly increase its nutritional and taste qualities, allow to diversify the scope of use of the processed product.
In order to carry out a high-quality and energy-saving process, it is necessary to study in detail the methods and means for its implementation.
The choice of methods and means for heat treatment of grain depends on several factors. This is the type of initial and final grain product, production volumes, available equipment, etc. The aim of the research is to minimize energy consumption and preserve the quality of finished products during heat treatment of grain by studying existing methods and choosing the optimal one, based on existing production conditions.
Widespread convective method is due to the fact that the coolant (hot air) simultaneously transfers heat to the grain and absorbs moisture released during heating, as well as the relative simplicity of the design of heat treatment units. The method of processing grain by heating it, followed by flattening, deserves attention. The grain is fed into the chamber, where it is treated for about one minute with hot air at a temperature of 260-340°C. At the same time there is an instantaneous evaporation of moisture inside the grain. At the moment when the starch becomes plastic, and the pressure inside the grain - the maximum, it is sent to the roller, where it explodes and flattens. In practice, a combination of convective and conductive heating of grain is also used. An example of this is the various frying units used in the food industry. A significant advantage is the method of heat treatment of grain by infrared or microwave radiation. After all, the use of this method allows you to supply energy directly to the material without heating the intermediate coolant, steam and air ducts, other massive equipment. Treatment of grain material with infrared radiation can reduce unproductive energy costs by almost 40%, isolate the finished product from factors that contribute to its pollution. Due to its advantages, the method of micronization can be considered the most promising for heat treatment of grain in the food industry.
1. Tsurkan, O. V. (2022). Peredumovy dlia pobudovy matematychnoi modeli protsesu filtratsiinoho sushinnia nasinnia harbuza tekhnika. [Prerequisites for building a mathematical model of the process of filtration drying of pumpkin seeds technique]. Tekhnika, enerhetyka, transport APK. № 1 (116). S. 136–141. [in Ukrainian].
2. Burdo O. H. (2010). Evoliutsiia sushylnykh ustanovok. [Evolution of dryers]. Monohrafiia. Polihraf, 368 s. Odesa [in Ukrainian].
3. Tsurkan, O. V. (2022). Obgruntuvannia ratsionalnoho sposobu ta obladnannia dlia sushinnia vysokovolohoho nasinnia bashtannykh kultur. [Substantiation of a rational method and equipment for drying high-moisture seeds of melons]. Visnyk Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Tekhnichni nauky. № 1 (305). S. 240–246. [in Ukrainian].
4. Zykov, O., Orlova, S., Ovsianykova, L. (2019). Enerhoefektyvni metody termichnoi obrobky zerna. [Energy efficient methods of heat treatment of grain]. Ahrarnyi visnyk Prychornomoria. № 2 (94). S.176–182. [in Ukrainian].
5. Kalinichenko, R. A., Solona, O. V., Tverlokhlib, I. V. (2017). Doslidzhennia radiatsiino-konvektyvnoi termoobrobky zerna u vibrokypliachomu shari. [Investigation of radiation-convective heat treatment of grain in vibro-boiling layer]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. № 2 (85). S. 95–98. [in Ukrainian].
6. Kotov, B. I., Kalinichenko, R. A., Kifiak, V. V. (2014). Matematychne modeliuvannia dynamichnykh rezhymiv mikronizatsiia zerna pry zminni potuzhnosti vyprominiuvachiv za koordynatoiu. [Mathematical modeling of dynamic modes of grain micronization when changing the power of radiators by coordinate]. Visnyk KhNTUSH imeni Petra Vasylenka. Tekhnichni nauky. 148. S. 388–394. [in Ukrainian].
7. Kotov, B. I., Kifiak, V. V., Kalinichenko, R. A. (2014). Matematychna model dynamichnykh rezhymiv elektrodynamichnoi ustanovky dlia obrobky zerno materialiv impulsyvnymy potokamy infrachervonoho vyprominiuvannia. [Mathematical model of dynamic modes of electrodynamic installation for processing grain materials by pulsed infrared fluxes]. Visnyk KhNTUSH imeni Petra Vasylenka. Tekhnichni nauky. № 2. S. 181–191. [in Ukrainian].
8. Kalinichenko, R. A., Voitiuk, V. D. (2017). Matematychne modeliuvannia teplomasoobminnykh protsesiv vysokotemperaturnoi termoobrobky zernovykh materialiv. [Mathematical modeling of heat and mass transfer processes of high-temperature heat treatment of grain materials]. Tekhnika ta enerhetyka. № 275. S. 59–65. [in Ukrainian].
9. Kotov, B., Kalinichenko, R., Spirin, A. (2016). Mathematical modeling of heat and mass treneter process under heat treatment of grain materials in dense layer. TEKA. Vol. 16, № 4. S. 35–42. [in English].
10. Kotov, B. I., Kalinichenko, R. A., Kifiak, V. V. (2015). Modeliuvannia nahrivu ta okholodzhennia zernoproduktiv v rezhymi pnevmotransportera. [Modeling of heating and cooling of grain products in the pneumatic conveyor mode]. Inzheneriia pryrodokorystuvannia, № 1(3). S. 40–43. [in Ukrainian].
11. Burdeinyi, V. S., Dokunikhin, V. V. (2011). Obhruntuvannia roboty susharok dlia sushinnia pyvovarnoho yachmeniu ta inshykh silskohospodarskykh kultur iz zminnym rezhymom sushinnia ahenta pry riznykh temperaturakh. [Rationale for the operation of dryers for drying malting barley and other crops with variable drying mode of the agent at different temperatures]. Visnyk DAAU. № 1. S. 89–94. [in Ukrainian].
12. Podpriatov, H. I., Rozhko, V. I., Skaletska, L. F. (2014). Tekhnolohiia zberihannia ta pererobky produktsii roslynnytstva. [Technology of storage and processing of crop products.]. Pidruchnyk. Ahrarna osvita. 393 s. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
13. Sokolenko, A. I. (1999). Fizyko-khimichni metody obroblennia kharchovykh produktiv u protsesi pakuvannia. [Physico-chemical methods of food processing in the packaging process]. UDUKhT, 212 s. [in Ukrainian].
14. Polievoda, Yu. A. (2015). Perspektyvy zastosuvannya vibratsiynykh efektiv v ridkykh tekhnolohichnykh systemakh kharchovykh i pererobnykh vyrobnytstv. [Prospects for the application of vibration effects in liquid technological systems of food and processing industries]. Zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ Vinnytskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. [Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University], 1, S. 124–130. [in Ukrainian].
15. Tsurkan, O. V., Gerasimov, O. O., Polyevoda, Y. A., Tverdokhlib, I. V., Rimar, T. I., Stanislavchuk, O. V. (2017). Kinetic features of vibrating and filtration dewatering of fresh-peeled pumpkin seeds. INMATEH – Agricultural Engineering. Vol. 52, No. 2, Р. 69–76. [in English].
16. Polievoda, Yu. A., Volynets, Ye. O. (2021). Doslidzhennia vibroreolohichnykh modelei sharu sypkoho seredovyshcha. [Investigation of vibroreological models of the bulk layer]. Tekhnika, enerhetyka, transport APK. № 1 (112). S. 1–10. [in Ukrainian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technologies" is included in the list of technical scientific publications of Ukraine
(Category "B", Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated July 2, 2020 No. 886)
Old version of the site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
The journal "Vibrations in Engineering and Technology" is indexed by the following databases and catalogs:
The certificateof massmedia State registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.