INVESTIGATION OF THE SPEED OF MOVEMENT OF COLD GAS DYNAMIC SPRAYING POWDER PARTICLES
Gaidamak Oleg Leonidovich - Candidate of Science (Engineering), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Power engineering, electrical engineering and electromechanics of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University .
Нunko Iryna - Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of General Technical Disciplines and Labor Protection of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (3 Sonyachna St., Vinnytsia, 21008, Ukraine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Paladiy Maksym- graduate student of the Department of General Technical Disciplines and Labor Protection of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (3 Sonyachna St., Vinnytsia, Ukraine, 21008).
The article shows the results of the study of the velocity of the sprayed powder particles on the example of cold gas-dynamic spraying of copper powder C01-11. Features and advantages of gas-dynamic spraying before other gas-thermal coating methods are given. The importance of the speed regime of coating and its influence on the formation of the coating is analyzed. A computational experimental method for determining the velocity of sprayed particles is proposed, as well as an experimental setup with the help of which it is possible to obtain objective data on the velocity regime of cold gas-dynamic coating. The design of the applied gas-dynamic spraying device is shown, which contains an electric heater of the compressed air flow and an accelerator of the heated compressed air into which the sprayed metal powder is driven due to the ejection effect. An experimental setup was used for the study, which contained two rotating disks mounted at a distance of 20 mm from each other on the shaft of a high-speed electric motor, with holes in the upper disk through which spraying occurs on the surface of the lower disk. Due to the fact that the disks with the spraying process rotate at a speed of 10587 rpm is the displacement of the sputtering figure on the lower disk relative to the projection of the hole of the upper disk on the lower disk. The magnitude of this displacement is calculated by the velocity of the particles of the sprayed powder, according to the above method. The parameters that are taken into account when calculating the speed of the spray particles of the powder is the diameter of the nozzle of the spray device 5 mm. The distance from the nozzle cut to the upper disk is 10 mm. The distance from the nozzle cut to the lower disk is 32 mm. The distance between the disks a = 22 mm. The radius on which the nozzle of the spray device is installed is 90 mm.
As a result of the experiments, it was found that when spraying copper powder C01-11 at a temperature of 20 ºC, the spraying speed is 232.2 m / s, which does not provide conditions for coating, and at elevated temperatures to 285 ºC quality coating was formed. The spraying speed was from 302.7 to 359.2 m / s for critical sections of 2.5 and 3.01 mm2, and the spraying area at higher speeds was approximately 20% higher than at lower speeds. This makes it possible for researchers to determine the velocity modes of spraying and, accordingly, to more accurately assign the optimal technological parameters to achieve the highest quality results of creating functional coatings.
1. Alkhimov A.P., Klinkov S.V., Kosarev V.F., [and others]. (2010) Holodnoe gazodinamicheskoe napilenie. Teoriya I praktika. [Cold gas-dynamic spraying. Theory and practice] Moscow: Fizmatlit. [ in Russia].
2. Bondarenko M. P., Guliaev I. P., Guliaev P. Y., [and others] (2013) Metodi kontrolia temperfturi i skorosti chastits kondensirovanoy fazi v protsese plazmenno-dugovogo napilenia.[ Methods for controlling the temperature and velocity of particles of the condensed phase in the process of plasma-arc sputtering] FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH №10, С. 1194 -1199. [ in Russia].
3. Device for gas-dynamic coating with radial flow of powder material: Pat. 110552 Ukraine, IPC6 С23С24 / 00 № а 201405543; claimed 05/23/14; publ. 01/12/16, Bul. №1. 12 sec. [in Ukrainian].Alkhimov A.P., Klinkov S.V., Kosarev V.F. (2010) Holodnoe gazodinamicheskoe napilenie. Teoriya I praktika. [Cold gas-dynamic spraying. Theory and practice] Moscow: Fizmatlit [in Russia].
4. Gaidamak O. L, Savulyak V.I. (2018) Eksperementalne doslidzshenna prozesu holodnogo gazodinamichnogo nanesenia pokrittia ta metodika rozrahynku yogo rezshimiv/ [Experimental study of the process of cold gas-dynamic coating and methods for calculating its modes]. Bulletin of the Vinnytsia Polytechnic Institute. 4 (14). 88-94 [in Ukrainian].
5. Papyrin, A., Kosarev V., Klinkov S. (2007). Cold spray technology. Elsevier Science. 336 p. [in English].
6. The cold spray materials deposition process. (2007). Fundamentals and applications. Cambridge. Woodhead Publishing Ltd, 362 p. [English]
7. Maev R., Leshchynsky V. Introduction to low pressure gas dynamic spray: Physics & Technology. – Weinheim: Wiley-VCH, 2008. – 234 p. [English].
8. Wong W., Irissou E., Ryabinin A.N. (2011) Influence of helium and nitrogen gases on the properties of cold gas dynamic sprayed pure titanium coatings. J of Therm. Spray Technol. 20, 213–226. [in English].
9. Wong W., Irissou E., Ryabinin A.N. (2013) Effect of particle morphology and size distribution on coldsprayed pure titanium coatings. J. of Therm. Spray Technol. 22, 1140–1153. [in English].
10. Sova A., Grigoriev S., Okunkova A. (2013) Cold spray deposition of 316L stainless steel coatings on aluminium surface with following laser post-treatment. Surf. and Coat. Technol. 235, P. 283–289 [in English].
11. Binder K., Gottschalk J., Kollenda M. (2011) Influence of impact angle and gas temperature on mechanical properties of titanium cols spray deposits. J. of Therm. Spray Technol. 20, 234–242 [in English].
12. Jin Y.M., Сho J.H., Park D.Y. (2011) Manufacturing and macroscopic properties of cold sprayed Cu-In coating material for sputtering target. J. of Therm. Spray Technol. 20, 497–507 [in English].
13. Li Y., Li Ch.J., Zhang Q. (2010) Influence of TGO composition on the thermal shock lifetime of thermal barrier coatings with cold-sprayed MCrAlY bond coat. J. of Therm. Spray Technol. 19, 168–177 [in English].
14. Kim D.Y., Park J.J., Lee J.G. (2013) Cold spray deposition of copper electrodes on silicon and glass substrates. J. of Therm. Spray Technol. 22, 1092–1102. [in English].
15. Robitaille F., Yandouzi M., Hind S. (2009) Metallic coating of aerospace carbon/epoxy composites by the pulsed gas dynamic spraying process. Surf. and Coat. Technol. 203, 254–260 [in English].
16. Zhou X.I., Chen A.F., Liu J.C. (2011) Preparation of metallic coatings on polymer matrix composites by cold spray. Surf. and Coat. Technol. 206, 132–136 [in English].
17. Lupoi R., O'Neill W. (2010) Deposition of metallic coatings on polimer surfaces using cold spray. Surf. and Coat. Technol. 205, 2167–2173 [in English].
18. Lupoi R., O'Neill W. (2011) Powder stream characteristics in cold spray nozzles. Surf. and Coat. Technol. 206, 1069–1076 [in English].
19. Gardon M., Latorre A., Torrell M. (2013) Cold gas spray titanium coatings onto biocompatible polymer. Material Letters. 106, 97–99 [in English].
20. Moridi A., Hassani-Gangaraj S.M., Guagliano M. (2014) Cold spray coating: iew of material systems and future perspectives. Surf. Eng. 6, 369–395. [in English
21. Champagne V.K., Helfritch D.J. (2014) Mainstreaming cold spray – push for applications. Surf. Eng. 30, P. 396–403. [in English].
22. Hassani-Gangaraj S.M., Moridi A., Guagliano M. (2015) Critical review of corrosion protection by cold spray coatings. Surf. Eng. 11, 803-815. [in English].
23. Widener C.A., Carter M.J., Ozdemir O.C. (2016) Application of high-pressure cold spray for an internal bore repair of a navy valve actuator. J. Therm. Spray Technol. 25(1–2), 193–201 [in English].
24. Klinkov S.V., Kosarev V.F., Sova A.A. (2006). Issledovanie inzshektornoy shemi formirovfniya geterogennih sverhzvukovih potokov v usloviyah holodnogo gzodinamicheskogo napileniya [Investigation of the ejector scheme for the formation of heterogeneous supersonic flows under conditions of cold gas-dynamic spraying] – Thermophysics and aeromechanics. Vol. 13, 3, 386–397 [in Russia].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.