INVESTIGATION OF THE PROCESS OF CHIPPING OF THE WALNUT SHELL AS A RESULT OF THE FORCE ACTION OF HEMISPHERICAL SURFACES
Polievoda Yurii – candidate of technical sciences, associate professor of the department of technological processes and equipment for processing and food production, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University: Vinnytsia, st. Sonyachna 3, VNAU, 21008, e-mail: email@example.com
Knowledge of the technical properties of walnuts is essential to facilitate and improve the design of processing equipment and procedures and equipment for collection, packaging and storage. In the process of obtaining the fruit of a walnut and its derivatives, the kernels are subjected to a number of single operations. At each stage, based on the mechanical properties of walnuts, various types of equipment operate, including vibration equipment for cleaning, sorting, separating and peeling. Thus, the detailed results presented in this study provide useful data that can be used by engineers to design appropriate walnut processing machines, thereby improving process and quality control.
To reduce mechanical damage and improve the Knowledge of the technical properties of walnuts is necessary to facilitate and improve the design of process equipment, as well as to mechanize the operations of collection, packaging and storage. In the process of obtaining walnuts, namely the kernels are subjected to a number of single operations. At each stage, based on the mechanical properties of walnuts, different types of equipment work, including vibrating for cleaning, sorting, separation and peeling. Thus, the detailed results presented in this study provide useful data that can be used by engineers in the design of appropriate machines for processing walnuts, thereby improving the process and quality control.
The article provides a detailed review of the process of splitting the walnut kernel. Examples of many ways to split the shell, all their disadvantages and advantages are given. The mechanical method of peeling is theoretically investigated and substantiated.
To reduce mechanical damage and improve the quality of extraction of walnut kernels during peeling, the object of study was selected 1 variety of walnut.
The results of compression tests showed that the relationship between the breaking force and the deformation of the walnut was nonlinear, and the process of peeling (chipping) of the shell mainly consisted of three stages. The best method of splitting a walnut was «spherical compression» (between two spherical inserts), and the maximum value of the destructive force was also determined.
The results showed that «spherical compression» was an appropriate way to destroy the walnut, which led to obvious trends in the spread of cracks in the shell and, moreover, to better integrity of the removed core.
The article considers a number of small and large equipment designed for splitting nuts, both at home and in industrial conditions, of different design and performance.
1. Roberta Dordoni, Silvia Cantaboni, Giorgia Spigno (2019). Walnut paste: oxidative stability and effect of grape skin extract addition. London [in English].
2. Hong Zhang, Liuyang Shen, Haipeng Lan. (Ed.). (2018). Mechanical properties and finite element analysis of walnut under different cracking parts. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. [in English].
3. Polievoda, Y.A. (2019). Vyznachennia fizyko-mekhanichnykh parametriv shkaralupy voloskoho horikha. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. Vseukr. nauk. tekhn. zhurnal. Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
4. Polievoda, Y.A. (2019). Doslidzhennia protsesu lushchennia voloskykh horikhiv mizh dvoma paralelnymy plastynamy. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. Vseukr. nauk. tekhn. zhurnal. Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
5. Polievoda, Y.A. (2019). Osoblivosti realizaciyi procesu lushennya shkaralupi goriha mizh plastinoyu ta sferichnoyu vstavkoyu. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. Vseukr. nauk. tekhn. zhurnal. Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
6. Yanovych, V.P., Honcharuk, I.V. (Ed.). (2018). Rozrobka kompleksu tekhnolohichnykh mashyn dlia hlybokoi pererobky voloskoho horikha. Zvit pro naukovo-doslidnu robotu № derzhreiestratsii 0118U001421, Vinnytskyi natsionalnyi ahrarnyi universytet. Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, Russian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.