INFLUENCE OF SMALL FRACTION OF POLYGRANULAR FILL OF ROTATING DRUM ON SELF-OSCILLATION SWING
Deineka Kateryna – Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D), Chairman of the Cycle Commission "Industry Engineering" of the Technical College of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering (St. Orlova, 35, Rivne, Ukraine, 33027, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Naumenko Yurii – Doctor of Technical Sciences (Dr.Sc), Professor of the Department of construction, road, reclamation, agricultural machines and equipment of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering (St. Soborna, 11, Rivne, Ukraine, 33018, e-mail: email@example.com).
The influence of the structure of two-fractional polygranular fill of a rotating drum on the self-oscillation swing is considered. The pulsating mode of flow of such intrachamber fill is used in the self-oscillating grinding process in a tumbling mill. Spherical particles of non-coherent granular material of 2.2 mm size were used as a large fraction modeling the grinding bodies. Cement was used as the small fraction modeling the particles of the crushed material. The factors of experimental studies were accepted: the gaps between particles of large fraction degree of filling at rest dispersed particles of small fraction 0, 25, 50 and 100%, the relative size of particles of large fraction in the drum chamber 0.519, 0.733, 1.04, 1.47, 2.08, 2.93, 4.15 and 5.87% (drum chamber radius 212, 150, 106, 75, 53, 37.5, 26.5 and 18.75 mm), the chamber degree of filling at rest 25, 35 and 45%. The method of visual analysis of fill motion patterns in the cross section of a rotating chamber and measurement of dilatation was applied.Video of the fill pulsating flow was taken. The magnitude of the self-oscillation swing was estimated by the increase in the difference of the maximum and minimum values of the fill dilatation over one period of pulsating. The maximum range of self-oscillation swing reached the value of 1.36. The change of the self-oscillation swing from zero at the beginning of self-excitation of pulsations to the maximum value with the greatest increase of dilatation was revealed. The effect of a decrease in the maximum range of self-oscillation swing with enhanced fill coherent properties has been registered. The attenuation of the spray of particles of large fraction in the chamber due to the coherent effect of the small fraction was established. An increase in the self-oscillation swing of single-grain fill was found with a decrease in the relative particle size and the chamber degree of filling. A decrease in the self-oscillation swing of two-fractional fill was found with an increase in the content of small fraction, a decrease in the relative size of particles of a large fraction, and an increase in the chamber degree of filling.
1. Zimber, F., Kollmer, J. E., & Poschel, T. (2013). Polydirectional stability of granular matter. Physical Review Letters, 111, 16, 168003. doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.168003
2. Maghsoodi, H., & Luijten, E. (2016). Chaotic dynamics in a slowly rotating drum. Fevista Cubana de Fisica, 33, 1, 50-54.
3. Deineka, K. Y., & Naumenko, Y. V. (2018). The tumbling mill rotation stability. Naukovyi Visnyk Nationalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University, 1 (163), 60-68. doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2018-1/10
4. Deineka, K. Y., & Naumenko, Y. V. (2016). Parametry avtokolyvan vnutrishnokamernoho zavantazhennia barabannoho mlyna [Self-oscillation parameters of tumbling mill intrachamber fill]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh – Vibration in Technics and Technologies, 3 (83), 29-34 [in Ukrainian].
5. Deineka, K., & Naumenko, Y. (2019). Revealing the effect of decreased energy intensity of grinding in a tumbling mill during self-excitation of auto-oscillating of the intrachamber fill. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1, 1 (97), 6-15. doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.155461
6. Yang, H., Zhang, B. F., Li, R., Zheng, G., & Zivkovic, V. (2017). Particle dynamics in avalanche flow of irregular sand particles in the slumping regime of a rotating drum. Powder Technology, 311, 439-448. doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2017.01.064
7. Balmforth, N. J., & McElwaine, J. N. (2018). From episodic avalanching to continuous flow in a granular drum. Granular matter, 20, 3, 52. doi.org/10.1007/s10035-018-0822-1
8. Lin, S. H., Yang, H., Li, R., Zheng, G., & Zivkovic, V., 2018. Velocities of irregular particles in a continuously avalanching surface flow within a rotating drum. Powder Technology, 338, 376-382. doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2018.07.040
9. Li, R., Yang, H., Zheng, G., Chen, Q., & Sun, Q. C. (2019). Study of granular state transition in a rotation drum by using speckle visibility spectroscopy and the edit distance with real penalty algorithm. Powder Technology, 347, 10-16. doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2019.02.043
10. Zhang, Y. J., Yang, H., Li, R., Chen, Q., Sun, Q. C., & Kong, P. (2019). Accumulation phenomenon in continuous flow of irregular particles in rotating drum. Powder Technology, 355, 333-339. doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2019.07.051
11. Mou, S., Yang, H., Li, R., Wang, B., Sun, Q., & Kong, P. (2019). An improved wavelet analytical method for studying particle dynamics of the passive layer within a granular drum. J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 1237, 042071. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/1237/4/042071
12. Mou, S. H., Yang, H., Li, R., Zhang, G. H., Sun, Q. C., & Kong, P. (2019). Particle dynamics of the passive layer within a granular drum using wavelet analysis. Powder Technology, 344, 1-9. doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2018.11.108
13. Kasper, J. H., Magnanimo, V., & Jarray, A. (2019). Dynamics of discrete wet granular avalanches in a rotary drum. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Discrete Element Methods (DEM8).
14. Naumenko, Y. V., & Deineka, K. Y. (2017). Vplyv stupenia zapovnennia obertovoi kamery na avtokolyvannia zernystoho zavantazhennia [The influence of the degree of filling of the rotating chamber on the self-oscillating grain fill]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh – Vibration in Technics and Technologies, 4 (87), 65-69 [in Ukrainian].
15. Deineka, K. Y., & Naumenko, Y. V. (2018). Vplyv struktury polidyspersnoho zavantazhennia obertovoho barabana na samozbudzhennia avtokolyvan [Influence of structure of polydisperse fill of rotating drum on self-excited self-oscillations]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh – Vibration in Technics and Technologies, 3 (90), 75-82 [in Ukrainian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kaletnik Hryhorii Mykolaiovych
Ph.D., Prof., academician of NAAS, VNAU (Vinnytsia)
Chief Editor Deputy
DsCProf., NSC IMEG NAAS of Ukraine (Kyiv)
Ph.D., Assoc., VNAU (Vinnytsia)
Members of the editorial board
Bulgakov V.M.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Acad.NAAS, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
Veselovskaya N.R.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Derevenko A.I.- Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Zinkovsky A.P.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, the Institute of Strength Problems named after H.S.Pysarenko, NAS of Ukraine
Iskovych-Lototskyi R.D.- Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Vinnytsia National Technical University
Kupchuk I.M.- Ph.D, Senior Lecturer, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Nadutyi V.P. - Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Geotechnical Mechanics Institute named after PolyakovM.S. NAS of Ukraine
Matveyeyv V.V. - Ph.D., Professor, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the Institute of Strength Problems named after H.S.PysarenkoNAS of Ukraine
Olshanskyi V.P. - Ph.D, Professor, Kharkiv National Technical University of Agriculture named after Petro Vasylenko
PoleyvodaYu.A. - Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Spirin A.V.- Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Tverdohlib I.V. - Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Tokarchuk O.A.- Ph.D., Associate Professor, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Tsurkan O.V.- Ph.D. Associate Professor., Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Jordan Todorov Maksimov - Doctor of Technical Sciences, Prof., Gabrovo Technical University (Bulgaria)
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, Russian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.