DESIGN FEATURES OF VIBRATION EQUIPMENT FOR DRYING HIGH-MOISTURE SEEDS
Kaletnіk Grigory Mikolayovich – academician of the NAAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of the Department of Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Sources of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University (Soniachna Str., 3, Vinnitsa, Ukraine, 21008).
Tsurkan Oleh Vasylovych – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Director of Ladyzhyn College of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (Kravchik Petro St., 5, Ladyzhyn, Vinnytsia Region, Ukraine, 24321, e-mail: email@example.com).
Significant difficulties arise in the process of post-harvest processing of high-moisture seed raw materials, in particular, in the process of drying seed lots of vegetable and melon crops such as squash, zucchini, pumpkin. Natural properties and preparatory technological operations cause the initial moisture content of seeds in the range from 55% to 75%, which is mainly due to unbound free moisture. For storage of sowing batches of seeds humidity should make 10% thus duration of postharvest processing and bringing of seeds to conditional properties should be carried out within days after the beginning of harvesting.
Of all the branches of the agro-industrial complex, melon seed production remains the least mechanized, and its level of mechanization does not meet the requirements of modern production. Due to the lack of special equipment in the laborious processes of growing seeds and its refinement, machines are used that are not designed for this, which leads to large losses of seed material and its quality. The main reason for this situation is the lack of complete information, scientific research and substantiation of techniques, design and operating parameters of machines and their working bodies. Information that generates contradictions is often encountered. This is due to the lack of generalized theoretical and experimental studies of the drying process of high-moisture seed raw materials in the post-harvest period, which negatively affected the development of equipment and technological lines.
In view of the above, the need for technical means for post-harvest treatment should be determined in terms of the need to process the entire crop on farms. All seeds of the harvested crop, which require a long stay in the dryer during the technological process, are subject to drying.
The article presents a new design of a vibrating dryer and describes the features of its operation when removing moisture from seed materials from 55% to 10%.
1. DSTU 7160:2010. (2010). Nasinnia ovochevykh, bashtannykh, kormovykh i priano-aromatychnykh kultur sortovi ta posivni yakosti [Seeds of vegetable, melon, fodder and spicy-aromatic crops of varietal and sowing qualities]. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
2. Tsurkan, O. V., Prysiazhniuk, D. V., Herasymov, A. A. (2016). Osobennosti proczessa i oborudovaniya dlya sushki zernovogo syrya s ispolzovaniem ozona [Features of the process and equipment for drying grain raw materials using ozone]. MOTROL. Commission of Motorization and Energetics in Agriculture. 18(4). 37–44. [in Russian].
3. Anisimov, I. F. (1987). Mashiny i potochnye linii dlya proizvodstva semyan ovoshhevodcheskikh kultur [Vegetable seed production machines and lines]. Kishinev. [in Russian]
4. Tsurkan, O. V. (2020). Vibromekhanichna intensyfikatsiia sushinnia nasinnia bashtannykh kultur u protsesi pisliazbyralnoi obrobky [Vibromechanical intensification of drying of melon seeds in the process of post-harvest processing]. (Doctor’s thesis). Hlevakha. [in Ukrainian].
5. Kakhovskyi eksperymentalnyi mekhanichnyi zavod (2019). [Kakhovka Experimental Mechanical Plant]. Kakhovka. Retrieved from: http://kemz.com.ua/v-kb-153-sushilnaya-ustanovka-sushilnyj-stol-dlya-tykvennoj-semechki.html. (data zvernennia: 20.03.2021). [in Ukrainian].
6. Tsurkan, O. V., Herasymov, O. O. (2007). Osnovni tendentsii rozvytku ta zastosuvannia vibratsiinoho obladnannia dlia sushinnia spetsyfichnoi silskohospodarskoi produktsii [The main trends in the development and use of vibrating equipment for drying specific agricultural products]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. 4 (49). 86–91. [in Ukrainian].
7. Kaletnik, H. M., Tsurkan, O. V. (2019). Statychni umovy sypkoho seredovyshcha pry rozviazanni zadach yoho vibroperemishchennia [Static conditions of bulk medium in solving problems of its vibration displacement]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh. 4(95). 5–15. [in Ukrainian].
8. Tsurkan, O. V., Polievoda, Yu. A., Prysiazhniuk, D. V. (2016). Vibromekhanichna intensyfikatsiia teplomasoobminnykh protsesiv pry sushinni zerna [Vibromechanical intensification of heat and mass transfer processes during grain drying]. Udoskonalennia protsesiv i obladnannia – zaporuka innovatsiinoho rozvytku kharchovoi promyslovosti: pratsi mizhnar. nauk.-tekhn. konf. (Kyiv, 8-10 lyst.). Kyiv, 112–114. [in Ukrainian].
9. Tsurkan, O. V., Herasymov, O. O., Polievoda, Yu. A. (2015). Uzahalnennia kinetyky 1-ho periodu filtratsiinoho znevodnennia svizhoochyshchenoho nasinnia harbuza z vibratsiino-pnevmatychnoiu aktyvatsiieiu [Generalization of the kinetics of the 1st period of filtration dehydration of freshly cleaned pumpkin seeds with vibration-pneumatic activation]. Naukovi pratsi Natsionalnoho universytetu kharchovykh tekhnolohii. 2(21). 151–159. [in Ukrainian].
10. Tsurkan, О., Gerasimov, A., Polyevoda, Y. (2017). Kinetic features of vibrating and filtration dewatering of fresh-peeled pumpkin seeds. INMATEH. Agricultural Engineering. 52 (2). 69–76. [in English]
11. Kaletnik, G., Tsurkan, O., Rimar, T. (2020). Determination of the kinetics of the process of pumpkin seeds vibrational convective drying. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. 1/8(103). 50–57. [in English].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, Russian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.