CREATION OF ELECTRIC CONDUCTIVE COATINGS USING GAS-DYNAMIC SPRAYING
Gaidamak Oleg Leonidovich - Candidate of Science (Engineering), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Power engineering, electrical engineering and electromechanics of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University .
Matviychuk Viktor Andreevich - Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University (3 Soniachna St., Vinnitsa, Ukraine, 21008, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article presents the results of research on the processes of creating conductive coatings based on copper and aluminum in order to determine the interaction of components on each other during cold gas-dynamic spraying (CGDS) and substantiate the method of introducing an additional component to obtain the desired composite coating. In particular, under conditions when the copper sputtering coefficient is almost zero (at a working air temperature of 300 °C), it is the search for the experimental dependence of the sputtering coefficient on the percentage of copper and aluminum powders in the sprayed mixture, determining their residual content in the coating and then calculating based on these data, the sputtering coefficients of copper and aluminum.
The CGDS method obtained samples with composite coatings from mixtures of aluminum and copper powders at different initial mass concentrations of aluminum (from 0 to 100%, in increments of 10%) Other things being equal (air pressure 0,6 MPa, air heating temperature 300 ° C) .
The spraying ratio of the mixture and the residual content of the components in the obtained composite coatings were measured. Data on the residual content of the components in the coating allows you to select the composition of the source powder required to obtain a given content of components in the coating.
The dependences of the sputtering coefficients of copper and aluminum on the mass content of aluminum in the sprayed mixture are found. At an initial concentration of aluminum less than 66%. the coefficient of copper sputtering is higher than the coefficient of sputtering of aluminum. Both increase monotonically with increasing aluminum concentration until it reaches 61%. At high concentrations of aluminum (more than 66%) the spray coefficients of copper, aluminum and their mixtures coincide. The obtained data on the residual content of the components in the coating allows you to select the composition of the source powder required to obtain a given content of components in the coating. For example, the maximum residual copper content (~ 95%) can be obtained by adding to the source powder 30-40% aluminum.
The obtained results confirm the interaction of the components on each other and justify the method of introducing an additional component to obtain a composite coating containing a component that is difficult to spray.
1. Device for gas-dynamic coating with radial flow of powder material: Pat. 110552 Ukraine, IPC6 С23С24 / 00 № а 201405543; claimed 05/23/14; publ. 01/12/16, Bul. №1. 12 sec. [in Ukrainian]
2. Kaletnіk G. M., Chauso M. G., Shvaiko V. M. (2013) Osnovi inzshenernih rozrahunkiv na mitsnist i zshorsnkist [Fundamentals of engineering methods for technical and practical studies] - Kyiv: “High-Tech Pres”, [in Ukrainian]
3. Matviychuk V. A., Egorov V. P., Mikhalevich V. M., Pokras V. D (1993) Analiz deformiruemosti menalov pri poverhnostnom uprochnenii detaley. [Analysis of deformability of metals during surface hardening of parts. Forging and stamping].10, 10-13. [ in Russia].
4. A.P. Alkhimov, S.V. Klinkov, V.F. Kosarev [and others]. (2010) Holodnoe gazodinamicheskoe napilenie. Teoriya I praktika. [Cold gas-dynamic spraying. Theory and practice] Moscow: Fizmatlit. [ in Russia].
5. Gaidamak OL, Savulyak VI (2018) Eksperementalne doslidzshenna prozesu holodnogo gazodinamichnogo nanesenia pokrittia ta metodika rozrahynku yogo rezshimiv/ [Experimental study of the process of cold gas-dynamic coating and methods for calculating its modes]. Bulletin of the Vinnytsia Polytechnic Institute. № 4 (14). 88-94. [in Ukrainian].
6. Cold spray technology / A. Papyrin, V. Kosarev, S. Klinkov [et al.]. – Elsevier Science, 2007. – 336 p.
7. The cold spray materials deposition process. Fundamentals and applications. – Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Ltd, 2007. – 362 p.
8. Maev R., Leshchynsky V. Introduction to low pressure gas dynamic spray: Physics & Technology. – Weinheim: Wiley-VCH, 2008. – 234 p.
9. Influence of helium and nitrogen gases on the properties of cold gas dynamic sprayed pure titanium coatings / W. Wong, E. Irissou, A.N. Ryabinin [et al.] // J. of Therm. Spray Technol. – 2011. – Vol. 20. – P. 213–226.
10. Effect of particle morphology and size distribution on coldsprayed pure titanium coatings / W. Wong, P. Vo, E. Irissou, A.N. Ryabinin [et al.] // J. of Therm. Spray Technol. – 2013. – Vol. 22. – P. 1140–1153.
11. Cold spray deposition of 316L stainless steel coatings on aluminium surface with following laser post-treatment / A. Sova, S. Grigoriev, A. Okunkova [et al.] // Surf. and Coat. Technol. – 2013. – Vol. 235. – P. 283–289.
12. Influence of impact angle and gas temperature on mechanical properties of titanium cols spray deposits / K. Binder, J. Gottschalk, M. Kollenda [et al.] // J. of Therm. Spray Technol. – 2011. – Vol. 20. – P. 234–242.
13. Manufacturing and macroscopic properties of cold sprayed Cu-In coating material for sputtering target / Y.-M. Jin, J.-H. Сho, D.-Y. Park [et al.] // J. of Therm. Spray Technol. – 2011. – Vol. 20. – P. 497–507.
14. Influence of TGO composition on the thermal shock lifetime of thermal barrier coatings with cold-sprayed MCrAlY bond coat / Y. Li, Ch.-J. Li, Q. Zhang [et al.] // J. of Therm. Spray Technol. – 2010. – Vol. 19. – P. 168–177.
15. Cold spray deposition of copper electrodes on silicon and glass substrates / D.-Y. Kim, J.-J. Park, J.-G. Lee [et al.] // J. of Therm. Spray Technol. – 2013. – Vol. 22. – P. 1092–1102.
16. Metallic coating of aerospace carbon/epoxy composites by the pulsed gas dynamic spraying process / F. Robitaille, M. Yandouzi, S. Hind [et al.] // Surf. and Coat. Technol. – 2009. – Vol. 203. – P. 2954–2960.
17. Preparation of metallic coatings on polymer matrix composites by cold spray / X.I. Zhou, A.F. Chen, J.C. Liu [et al.] // Surf. and Coat. Technol. – 2011. – Vol. 206. – P. 132–136.
18. Lupoi R., O'Neill W. Deposition of metallic coatings on polimer surfaces using cold spray // Surf. and Coat. Technol. – 2010. – Vol. 205. – P. 2167–2173.
19. Lupoi R., O'Neill W. Powder stream characteristics in cold spray nozzles // Surf. and Coat. Technol. – 2011. – Vol. 206. – P. 1069–1076.
20. Cold gas spray titanium coatings onto biocompatible polymer / M. Gardon, A. Latorre, M. Torrell [et al.] // Material Letters. – 2013. – Vol. 106. – P. 97–99.
21. Cold spray coating: review of material systems and future perspectives / A. Moridi, S.M. Hassani-Gangaraj, M. Guagliano [et al.] // Surf. Eng. – 2014. – Vol. 36, № 6. – P. 369–395.
22. Champagne V.K., Helfritch D.J. Mainstreaming cold spray – push for applications // Surf. Eng. – 2014. – Vol. 30, № 6. – P. 396–403.
23. Hassani-Gangaraj S.M., Moridi A., Guagliano M. Critical review of corrosion protection by cold spray coatings // Surf. Eng. – 2015. – Vol. 31, № 11. – P. 803-815.
24. Application of high-pressure cold spray for an internal bore repair of a navy valve actuator / C.A. Widener, M.J. Carter, O.C. Ozdemir [et al.] // J. Therm. Spray Technol. – 2016. – Vol. 25(1–2). – P. 193–201.
25. Klinkov S.V., Kosarev V.F., Sova A.A. (2006). Issledovanie inzshektornoy shemi formirovfniya geterogennih sverhzvukovih potokov v usloviyah holodnogo gzodinamicheskogo napileniya [Investigation of the ejector scheme for the formation of heterogeneous supersonic flows under conditions of cold gas-dynamic spraying] – Thermophysics and aeromechanics. Vol. 13, 3. 386–397. [in Russia].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.