ANALYSIS OF THE INFLUENCE OF THE FORM AND DIMENSIONS OF THE CROSS-SECTION OF CLEANLESS TAPERS ON THE PROCESS OF EXTRACTING THREADS
Tokarchuk Oleksіі – PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of «Technologіcal Processes and Equіpment for Processіng and Food Productіons» of the Vіnnytsіa Natіonal Agrarіan Unіversіty (St. Solnyshchnaya, 3, Vіnnytsіa, Ukraіne, 21008, e-maіl: firstname.lastname@example.orgіn.ua.
The method of manufacturing internal threads with chipless taps, including mutual pumping of the tool and the workpiece, as in the manufacture of external thread profiles, so it cannot be entered into the knurling methods. Due to the specific features of the thread extrusion process, the study of the operational characteristics of rubber manufactured by chipless taps is of practical interest.
The extrusion of threads occurs at a temperature not reaching the temperature of recrystallization of the metal of the workpiece, however, the physic mechanical properties of the surface layer of the metal of the threaded profile change.
As a result of cold displacement of the threaded profile, the metal flows in the threaded contour. Extrusion of internal threads by chipless taps is a method of plastic deformation of a metal, in which a special tapping rod with a profile of the necessary thread is screwed into a workpiece opening, which has a diameter equal to approximately the average diameter of the thread. Under the action of torque, the tops of the turns of the tapered intake part of the tap penetrate the surface of the billet hole, the displaced metal moves in the radial direction, gradually increasing the height of the threaded profile.
The actual geometry of the vertices of the tool cross-section contour has a significant effect on the thread extrusion process. Depending on the ratio of the contact planes of the tool and the workpiece, depending on the permissible amount of backing, the greatest torque is observed in hexagonal taps, and the smallest in trihedral taps.
Depending on the accepted backing value, the ratio between the lengths and areas of the contacting sections, and accordingly, the ratio between the torques for taps with a different number of faces, also changes. It should be noted that in addition to the magnitude of the torque, the second parameter characterizing the process of extruding threads is the stability of the taps, which is not directly related to the magnitude of the torque, then the optimal number of faces is n = 3. If the optimal number of faces simultaneously satisfies two criteria (minimum torque and maximum tool life), then the optimal number of faces is determined experimentally in a specific case
1. Lyubin, M. V. (1997). Doslidzhennya proczesu plastichnogo formoutvorennya vnutrishnoyi metrichnoyi rizi instrumentom z radialnim peremishhennyam deformuyuchikh plastin [Investigation of the process of plastic molding of an internal metric cut with a radial displacement tool of deforming plates]. (Extended abstract of Candidate’s thesis). Vinniczya. [in Ukrainian].
2. Lyubin, N. V. (1997). Issledovanie proczessa plasticheskogo formoobrazovaniya vnutrennej metricheskoj rezby instrumentom s radialnym peremeshheniem deformiruyushhikh plastin [Investigation of the process of plastic forming of internal metric threads with a tool with radial movement of deforming plates]. (Candidate’s thesis). Vinnicza, Vinniczkij gos. tekhnicheskij un-t. [in Russian].
3. Ogorodnikov, V. A., Nakhajchuk, O. V., Lyubin, M. V. (1998). Vikoristanij resurs plastichnosti metalu v proczesi vidavlyuvannya vnutrishnoyi rizi [The resource of plasticity of metal in the process of extrusion of an internal cut is used]. Vestnik VPI. 1. 68–72. [in Ukrainian].
4. Patent № 882690, MPK B21H 3/08. Besstruzhechnyj metchik [Chipless tap] / G. P. Urlapov, N. V. Lyubin. № 2737401/25-08 ; zayavl. 19.03.79; opubl. 23.11.81, Byul. № 43. [in Russian].
5. Menshakov, V. M., Urlapov, G. P., Sereda, V. S. (1976). Besstruzhechnye metcheki [Chipless taps]. M. : «Mashinostroenie». [in Russian].
6. Тurych, V., Veselovska, N., Rutkevych, V., Shargorodsky, S. (2017). Investigation of theprocess of thread extrusion using the ultra sound. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6/1(90). 60–68. [in English].
7. Veselovska, N. R., Turich, V. V., Rutkevich, V. S. (2017). Kontaktna vzayemodi`ya i`nstrumenta z detallyu u proczesakh poverkhnevogo plastichnogo deformuvannya z ultrazvukom [Contact of the tool with the part in the processes of surface plastic deformation with ultrasound]. Vibracziyi v tekhniczi ta tekhnologiyakh. 2(85). 51–58. [in Ukrainian].
8. Lyubin, M. V., Tokarchuk, O. A. (2019). Vpliv khimiko-termichnoyi obrobki i`nstrumentu na proczes vigotovlennya metrichnikh rizej u vazhkoobroblyuvanikh stalyakh [Influence of chemical-thermal treatment of the tool on the process of manufacturing of metric cuts in hard-machined steels]. Vibraczi`yi v tekhniczi ta tekhnologiyakh. Vinniczya VNAU, 1(92), 48–55. [in Ukrainian].
9. Lyubin, M. V., Tokarchuk, O. A. (2019). Vpliv sposobu kriplennya bezstruzhkovikh mitchikiv na proczes vitiskuvannya rizbi [The influence of the method of fastening the stringless taps on the process of squeezing the thread]. Vibracziyi v tekhniczi ta tekhnologiyakh. Vi`nniczya VNAU, 2(93), 56–61. [in Ukrainian].
10. Lyubin, M. V., Tokarchuk, O. A. (2018). Analiz konstruktivnikh i tekhnologichnikh rishen, spryamovanikh na efektivnist virobnicztva pri vigotovlenni rizbovikh otvoriv v nerzhaviyuchikh stalyakh [Analysis of structural and technological solutions aimed at production efficiency in the manufacture of threaded holes in stainless steels]. Tekhnika, energetika, transport APK, 4(103), 57–64. [in Ukrainian].
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" presents materials on the following issues
• Theory of processes and machines
• Mechanical Engineering and materialprocessing
• Processing and food production
The certificateof massmediaState registration:kv no 16643-5115 from 30.04.2010 .
Founder of the journal: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
Kind of publication: journal
Type of publication : Scientific
Publication status: Domestic
Year of founding:
Periodicity: 4 times a year
Extent: 18.75 nominal printed pages
ISSN: 2306-8744 (printed version), (online)
Language of edition : (mixed languages) Ukrainian, English
The scope of the distribution and the category of readers: national, foreign, teaching staff, scientists, businessmen.
Periodical is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine from 21.12.2015 No. 1328.
The journal "Vibrations in engineering and technology" is included in the "Catalogue of periodicals of Ukraine".
Journal subscription can be executed in each post office department.
Subscription Index is 99720.
Old version of site: http://vibrojournal.vsau.edu.ua/
In June 1994 the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Conference "Application of vibrations for technological purposes" was organized on the basis of Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute. Leading experts in this field, noting the significant contribution to the school of Vibration Engineering under the leadership of P. S. Bernyk, proposed to create a professional all-Ukrainian scientific and technical journal "Vibration in engineering and technology..The journal was foundedat Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute and P.S. Bernyk was elected to be the chief editor .
For all these years (since 1994) theJournal "vibration in engineering and technology" published 94 issues wherestudy of vibration effects, the creation of progressive energy saving technologies and equipment for their implementation were highlighted.
Currently Kaletnik H.M PhD , professor, academician NAAS is the chief editor of the "Vibrations in engineering and Technology"
The journal "Vibration in Engineering and technology", which has no analogues on the territory of Ukraine, is well known abroad.